Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen many posts on this site that recommend several Ohio dealers, in particular Waikem and Park. Well I just happen to live between the two. Talked to both and was basically give the same deal. They both offered $1,200 over invoice on a 2004 EX-L RES, $30,800 plus $50 state filing fee, tax, and title. Also through in free rear splash guards. Several other dealers in the area also agreed to this price. Based on what I've read in other posts, seemed like a fair offer. Decided to go with Park Honda.

Has anyone received a better offer from either of these dealers? Please note that I have not purchased any accessories. Thanks to what I have read on this side, plan to do myself at a later date. Was told by Park that they did offer one customer $1,000 over invoice, but this was based on him purchasing over $2,500 in accessories with no discount.

Did I get a good deal? Could I have done better elsewhere?

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
ohiopilot04 said:
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Congratulations! You mean people who live in Ohio can also buy cars there too? I paid about $400 more to get "free" delivery to New Jersey so I wouldn't have to fly to Ohio and drive back.

Welcome to the website!

·
Registered
461 Posts
I don't know what they are doing on '04 models. I had great success in OH, but it was on an '03. Have you checked the Town Hall Forums at Edmunds to see what deals people have gotten in OH lately?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got an excellent deal at College Hills Honda in Wooster, Ohio for an '04 EX-L RES. My salesman was Phil Apel. Everything about the sale was perfect and I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Price Paid?

If you don't mind me asking, what was your final deal? I got $1,200 over invoice. Did you get a comparable deal or better?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Better. But I made the deal several months ago -- as I understand it, the demand now is such that they aren't able to discount as heavily.

Their website has a bidding feature on it -- you put in your bid and they call to accept or reject it. That's what I did and they accepted it. I truly enjoyed purchasing from a dealership who totally embraces the internet car buying process. No monkeying around, no having to make the final deal in person, no "standard" internet discount. Smooth as can be. I met my salesman the day I picked up the vehicle.

Again, highly recommended.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought from Patti Eddy at Mike Pruitt Honda in Akron back in June. They gave me a great deal, got me out in under an hour, and never insulted me by "throwing in" $33 mudflaps.

I paid $500 over dealer invoice, and the car wasn't even sitting on the lot yet.

BTW, Park probably sent me the most curt email of anyone I ever tried to give 30 grand.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike Pruitt Honda

Was your deal on a 2003 or 2004? My deal was on a 2004. They don't seem to deal as well at the beginning of a new model year. I did talk to the Internet Sales Manager at Mike Pruitt (I believe her name is Vicky Grznar), but the best she was willing to do was $1,500 off of MSRP. If I would have considered a 2003, she would have done better, but I had to have the heated leather seats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Could you post a web link for Park honda in OHIO. I would like to call them and see if they would give me a good deal too.

Thank You,
Vadim

·
Registered
602 Posts
I purchased my 2003 Pilot from Vicky at Mike Pruitt Honda for a few hundred dollars over invoice. She picked me up at the airport and even packed me a lunch for the drive home. Very nice lady and a pleasure to deal with. No pressure, no bull.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Even though this is my first post, I need to interject a few thoughts.

On recent dealings with Park and Mike Pruitt, another alternative might be to go to Classic Honda in Streetsboro.

The people at Park would not discuss any offers except their own, Mike Pruitt failed to uphold there end of the agreement.

I then found the same vehicle at Classic Honda, we agreed on terms and had the vehicle the next day.

The problem with Pruitt is that I had almost 3K in accessories and my wife wanted the vehicle the next evening, they agreed to have everything installed and ready to go but they failed to deliver the vehicle on time as promised. This was a signed agreement on a cash deal.

If you decide to go to Classic, ask for Alex.

·
Registered
316 Posts
ohiopilot04 said:
I've seen many posts on this site that recommend several Ohio dealers, in particular Waikem and Park. Well I just happen to live between the two. Talked to both and was basically give the same deal. They both offered $1,200 over invoice on a 2004 EX-L RES, $30,800 plus $50 state filing fee, tax, and title. Also through in free rear splash guards. Several other dealers in the area also agreed to this price. Based on what I've read in other posts, seemed like a fair offer. Decided to go with Park Honda.

Has anyone received a better offer from either of these dealers? Please note that I have not purchased any accessories. Thanks to what I have read on this side, plan to do myself at a later date. Was told by Park that they did offer one customer $1,000 over invoice, but this was based on him purchasing over $2,500 in accessories with no discount.

Yep, I think you got a good deal, especially considering it's the beginning of a new model year with high demand.

I also went to Park Honda in Akron, Ohio, the second week of November 03. They were very courteous and had one of the few 04 Pilot EXs that I was interested in, meaning the colors and options we wanted. They were able to install the auto day / night mirror for me and had the car prepped and ready to be delivered within 4 business hours of my signature. I thought that was very impressive, since it still had the plastic shipping materials and 13 miles on it. I only got about $1,000 off of msrp, but I didn't get extra options I didn't want.

Over all, it was an excellent buying experience with zero problems with the negotiations, the delivery, or the vehicle.

If anyone is interested in the name of my salesperson, just email or pm me. She was very good and I would recommend her to anyone.

hope that helps

·
Registered
21 Posts
We are picking up our 2004 Pilot EXL-RES from Voss Honda near Dayton on Monday. Wally gave us $800 over invoice, that saved us over $2000. We couldn't find a deal on a 2004 in NH, MA,NY,VT or ME. $30408 was the out the door price, no Tax for NH.

www.vosshonda.com

Chris

·
Registered
49 Posts
In Cincy

I got mine for $1200 below sticker (sorry for the heart attack given to previous readers) plus accessories. I'm happy with price considering the demand for this great SUV. I got my price quote through the internet. The salesman latter let slip that all the local dealerships are discounting about the same on internet deals to move vehicles. This was confirmed in e-mails with other dealerships.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Typo and corrected

$1200 below sticker. I got to quit having my wife talk to me while I type.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My girlfriend and I got 1500 off MSRP on a '04 EXL-RES MBP. They also gave us 1000 more for her Xterra than other dealers (including CarMax). I figure we saved about 3500 because of the tax savings by trading in.

We are still waiting for the dealer to locate our Pilot. Our salesperson told us only 4 in Florida. I guess MBP difficult color to get.

Our dealer is AutoWay Honda in Clearwater, FL.

P.S. Love this board; getting great info..thanks everyone; itching to add accessories...only if significant other will let me (it's her car/SUV/Xover)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts