Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Piloteers,

My family and I have owned 3 Honda Pilots; A 2005 with 263,000 miles (still have it), and a 2010 with 175,000 miles that we used as a trade for our brand new 2019 Elite.
The 2019 currently has 12K on it and starting to show some issues. They are:
  • Weird Chirping sound coming from engine while idling: TSB #APaS09092019904 NHTSA ID #10165005 Chirping coming Dealer Message - American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (AHM) is investigating certain 2018-2019 Odysseys, Pilots & Ridgelines with a customer complaint of a chirp noise heard inside cabin or coming from the engine compartment.
  • A weird popping sound coming from the front speakers, this is the most annoying for my wife
    • TSB #A19030B
      NHTSA ID #10169976

· DECEMBER 17 2019
      Are you hearing a popping or crackling from the speakers? This may be due to a connection issue in the MOST bus network or a harness/wiring issue.
  • Center console going completely Blank

We are also experiencing what seems to be a transmission slipping/not engaging problem as well. We chose another Honda Pilot becasue of our past positive experience, but it seems like maybe a 2019 was not that wise. There are a ton of TSB's out there for this vehicle.

We have an appointment to take the vehicle to the dealer next week. Stand by

Semper Fi

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Good luck! They don't make 'em like they used to apparently.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Good luck...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Greetings Piloteers,

My family and I have owned 3 Honda Pilots; A 2005 with 263,000 miles (still have it), and a 2010 with 175,000 miles that we used as a trade for our brand new 2019 Elite.
The 2019 currently has 12K on it and starting to show some issues. They are:
  • Weird Chirping sound coming from engine while idling: TSB #APaS09092019904 NHTSA ID #10165005 Chirping coming Dealer Message - American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (AHM) is investigating certain 2018-2019 Odysseys, Pilots & Ridgelines with a customer complaint of a chirp noise heard inside cabin or coming from the engine compartment.
  • A weird popping sound coming from the front speakers, this is the most annoying for my wife
    • TSB #A19030B
      NHTSA ID #10169976

· DECEMBER 17 2019
      Are you hearing a popping or crackling from the speakers? This may be due to a connection issue in the MOST bus network or a harness/wiring issue.
  • Center console going completely Blank
We are also experiencing what seems to be a transmission slipping/not engaging problem as well. We chose another Honda Pilot becasue of our past positive experience, but it seems like maybe a 2019 was not that wise. There are a ton of TSB's out there for this vehicle.

We have an appointment to take the vehicle to the dealer next week. Stand by

Semper Fi
I’d be looking forward to what your dealer would say about the chirping. I have the same issue on my 19 touring, already brought to two dealerships and they refused to fix it and said it’s normal.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We took it to the dealer and they actually experienced the noise. They, "performed repair procedure" which when asked meant checking all the grounds and putting dialectric grease on them. Have had the car back a month now and have not experienced the issue again.

Semper Fi

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
We took it to the dealer and they actually experienced the noise. They, "performed repair procedure" which when asked meant checking all the grounds and putting dialectric grease on them. Have had the car back a month now and have not experienced the issue again.

Semper Fi
During my still ongoing saga, the longest length of time the problem went away was 30 days. That was December-January. I would be cautiously optimistic, and keep an eye on it.

Reactions: Usmc1968

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
We are also experiencing what seems to be a transmission slipping/not engaging problem as well.
The 9-speed transmissions are problematic? I just thought the complaint on these was the $500 ATF maintenance bill.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
No complaints about the 9-speed tranny, as it's a dream to drive.

Reactions: Nail Grease
1 - 12 of 12 Posts