Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 honda pilot. Wife hit an already dead deer in the road. When she gets the car up to 50mph there is a ticking right under the middle council. Any ideas. I looked under the car no sign of any damage. The brace loop things going around driveshaft are bent back and look like they could possibly be hitting the shaft. Other than that i am out. Lol. Thanks.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,193 Posts
OK, may as well start by examining that closely, as well as the entire undercarriage with a very strong light in case you missed anything.

I once found part of a plastic bag kind of twisted up in my drive shaft on a previous vehicle.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
2005 honda pilot. Wife hit an already dead deer in the road. When she gets the car up to 50mph there is a ticking right under the middle council. Any ideas. I looked under the car no sign of any damage. The brace loop things going around driveshaft are bent back and look like they could possibly be hitting the shaft. Other than that i am out. Lol. Thanks.
If the propeller shaft loops are bent remove and bend back into shape asap. There are 2 bolts per loop and I think they are 12mm. Inspect for other possible damage. Hopefully the propeller shaft bearing is unaffected.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
You hit an already dead deer? That's your story and you're sticking to it?

LOL, J/K I could do worse I'm sure

Reactions: plplplpl and aggrex

·
Registered
10,193 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
577 Posts
You hit an already dead deer? That's your story and you're sticking to it?

LOL, J/K I could do worse I'm sure
OP -> Did you harvest the meat?
😀

I almost hit a deer in my neighborhood just the other night. With it getting dark earlier I didn't expect it but they were out and it was almost a code brown.

Thankfully the deer was agile enough to miss me.

I can only imagine with ppl lost in their phones.... I'm sure this happens every day.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
Better to hit one like that than have one hit you from the side on your motorcycle. Ask me how I know LOL.
I rode in to work today. I get off at 4:30 pm and there are some good country road twisties near my work, on the long way home.
Problem is, it's already getting dark about them here now.
I have to be really cautious about the Deer coming out at dusk and at night!

My current ride:

·
Registered
10,193 Posts
Careful to avoid any collision with them, because it will cost you deerly.

But that there's good eatin'.

A couple of weeks ago, second daughter's godmother's spouse went up north hunting for a week but came back three days later with three pheasants, a deer and a moose. You should see his freezers now.

·
Registered
10,193 Posts
This is my day job now. I'm the forum
and I take my work seriously.

Just waiting for the day my commission checks from Rockauto and Valvoline
show up in the mailbox.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
354 Posts
I rode in to work today. I get off at 4:30 pm and there are some good country road twisties near my work, on the long way home.
Problem is, it's already getting dark about them here now.
I have to be really cautious about the Deer coming out at dusk and at night!

My current ride:

That is a nice ride. My season is over. Could be some good weather, but sending my seat to Terry to get a custom one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts