Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Sage EX-L at lunch today.

It had 14 miles on the odometer. Sigh, that'll ramp up very quickly on our trip to NC from NY next week.

I'll post vehicle info tonight.....vin, etc. I think it's in the 58,000 range. (Can that be right? I thought I'd be much closer to 80K....)

I have to say....the Sage Pearl Paint ROCKS in sunlight!!!!!

love it, Love It, LOVE IT!!!!!

No other options, by the way.......but you'll see me group buy hunting soon.

Question: If there is no alarm, why does the horn beep if you press the lock button twice? What is that?

Question: I got the plugs for the chassis......what else is a must check? (They were pleased to find out what the plugs were actually for......they were just sending them home with customers and a question mark)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congratulations and Welcome, Welcome, Welcome. And what a gang this is!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
idloveaguinness said:

I have to say....the Sage Pearl Paint ROCKS in sunlight!!!!!

love it, Love It, LOVE IT!!!!!

No other options, by the way.......but you'll see me group buy hunting soon.

Question: If there is no alarm, why does the horn beep if you press the lock button twice? What is that?

Question: I got the plugs for the chassis......what else is a must check? (They were pleased to find out what the plugs were actually for......they were just sending them home with customers and a question mark)
First of all, idloveaguinness, big-time congrats on your beautiful new acquisition! It's sure to be the beginning of a real love affair!

If you don't mind, I have a question for YOU, or anyone else out there. I know there have been threads on this, but pls. humor me and explain again....What are the "plugs for the chassis"? What do they look like, and where do they go?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Congratulations

If you push the door lock button on your keychain twice, the horn beeps to let you know the vehicle is locked. You can only hit the button once, but you don't get the "audible" signal that your doors are locked.

I am also the owner of a Sagebrush Pearl PILOT and also think the color is just incredible.

Enjoy your new PILOT - you are now a fellow PILOTeer!

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ziploc -

My understanding of the chassis plugs is this: The cars are anchored via their chassis during transport. Once the cars are unloaded, there are four open anchor points. To stop road dirt, salt, etc, from getting into the chassis, the cars come shipped with four rubber plugs. They are packed with the glove box items - manual, etc. During prep, the dealership is supposed to place these in the chassis. Some dealers put them where they are supposed to. Others don't know what they are for and either A) Chuck them or B) stick them back in the glove box.

Mine were in a plastic baggie in the glove box.....I plan to put them in tonight (unless it rains today). I do not know where they go....perhaps some other wise soul can share that with the both of us. (I bet it is easy enough to figure out)

You could also try searching this forum.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
idloveaguinness said:
Ziploc -

My understanding of the chassis plugs is this: The cars are anchored via their chassis during transport. Once the cars are unloaded, there are four open anchor points. To stop road dirt, salt, etc, from getting into the chassis, the cars come shipped with four rubber plugs. They are packed with the glove box items - manual, etc. During prep, the dealership is supposed to place these in the chassis. Some dealers put them where they are supposed to. Others don't know what they are for and either A) Chuck them or B) stick them back in the glove box.

Mine were in a plastic baggie in the glove box.....I plan to put them in tonight (unless it rains today). I do not know where they go....perhaps some other wise soul can share that with the both of us. (I bet it is easy enough to figure out)

You could also try searching this forum.
Thanks, idloveaguinness. If the suckers aren't in the glovebox, I'll be sure to pin the dealer down about this come next service.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Welcome

Welcome and may I complement you on an excellent color choice :D

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome idloveaguinness!

Great to have you on board with us. It's a great group full of fun and information (probably a bit more fun than info).

Congratulations on your new ride...

Don & Brenda

·
Registered
964 Posts
Congrats!

I too have the SBP Pilot and can't get enough of it. The color looks fantastic in the sun, as long as it's clean anyway. That feeling you get as you're driving off the lot is amazing. I couldn't wait to show my new baby off the next day. I picked mine up about 3 weeks ago and the feeling doesn't wear off.

Congratulations! And, don't forget to put your VIN in the VIN Table .

·
Registered
3 Posts
kemosabe said:
idloveaguinness: Have a Guinness and celebrate the good times!!!! CONGRATS!!! :p
congratulations idloveaguiness (really I would).

I hope to be joining the ranks of Sage Brush Pilots just as soon as my ordered Pilot comes in.

The Vin does seem low, the dealer gave me an 87,000 number.
Are you sure you're reading the last 5 digits, not the last 6?

Again enjoy and congratulations, see you in the group buys!!!
:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
idloveaguinness said:

It had 14 miles on the odometer. Sigh, that'll ramp up very quickly on our trip to NC from NY next week.
[snip]
Welcome aboard - glad to have you as part of our "gang"!!:18:

I recently completed a 3200 mile trip to SC and the miles DO rack up in a hurry. I'm currently at a little over 7K.

One thing I would strongly suggest checking is tire pressure. There have been reports of both over and under inflated tires at delivery. I personally prefer 36-38PSI as I feel it gives me the best compromise on ride and mileage. YMMV

Enjoy the new Pilot!!! :2:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone.....

Very excited.....it's about time we have something with Roooooomm.

It appears we have the starting problem, no scrunch (fingers crossed), and dashboard rattle seems to be there (I am confident I can fix that).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts