Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid question, but as a newbie who's done some searching but only found inconclusive answers - need some help.

Just picked up a '20 EX-L. Ordering winter tires now -sizing them to fit the stock wheels in a worst-case scenario, but would be nice to find a second set of rims to have them (and compatible TPMS sensors) fitted so I don't have to shell out for mounting/ rebalancing twice a year.

What should I be shopping for - Pilot and Ridgeline, presumably, but are there certain year cut-offs where wheels have different offsets or aren't capable of working with the TPMS sensors our Pilot needs?

Thanks,

-Evan

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,259 Posts
I am going to assume that your vehicle came with 18" wheels. The wheels you need are 8jjX18 with a 55mm positive offset and a 5X120 bolt pattern. OEM tire size is 245/60R18

Any Pilot, Ridgeline or Passport wheels meeting those specs will do you fine. Here is a set of wheel and tires for sale on this site. MA: For Sale OEM BE Wheels/Tires etc

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MA's way too far, but thanks.

Asking if there are any particular year cut-offs to be aware of without having to manually dig through specs like offset (i.e. would 2G Pilot wheels work on 3G, etc). Also unsure if there is any difference as to how different iterations of Honda TPMS would have been mounted. If this has already been compiled somewhere, I've not had luck finding it.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
517 Posts
Wheel-size.com you can put your information in the "my Vehicle" and it will list all the factory specs for 18" and 20" and some optional ones. You can then put those sizes into the "by rim size" and see what else uses that (and change slightly offset if wanted etc.)

16+ Ridgeline direct fit, same sensors. I think its '10+ Pilot also. Tirerack lists other 17" rims as options also giving more sidewall and tire options.

Fix your profile to show location so others know. Check Ridgeline Owners club forums classifieds, many for sale countrywide. Check Craigslist / Letgo locally, ebay has deals.

I have my stock EX-L with snows and sensors in my shed for easy swap. I bought Ridgeline 18" and put larger 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S for my summer tires. I added a 5th Ridgeline wheel from ROC for my fullsize spare. Factory Honda sensors are about $35 each so calculate that into your costs.

Acura RL wheels 17" , You can also get Steel Wheels , or Steel wheels with sensors / tires (sell the tires for cheap)

I didn't want to spend more than $500 for rims/sensors so had to wait for the correct deal closer to me. I also wanted the 18" as I already had the snows 1 week after getting Pilot and had to mount/dismount other wise there were choices for the Acura rims a couple weeks later which I would have done in 17".

Ridgeline owners club / $300 / Dallas

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Just picked up a '20 EX-L. Ordering winter tires now -sizing them to fit the stock wheels in a worst-case scenario, but would be nice to find a second set of rims to have them (and compatible TPMS sensors) fitted so I don't have to shell out for mounting/ rebalancing twice a year.
Depending upon how much snow you typically get and how much driving you expect to be doing in the foreseeable future, have you considered getting a set of all-weather tires - all-season tires with the severe snow service rating - to replace the OEM tires, and not getting an extra set of wheels?
Two such options are:
Michelin CrossClimate SUV: CrossClimate® SUV
Nokian WR G4 SUV: Nokian WR G4 SUV - All-Weather tires / Nokian Tires

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,259 Posts
If you happen to live in the snow belt you might want to consider getting a set of steel wheels for the snow tires. Not as pretty but if your driving in a lot of snow service tops pretty any day. Something like this maybe. RT® - 18" STEEL WHEEL 5 LUG X48564 Black

1 - 6 of 6 Posts