Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea if dealers will be able to install Honda OEM heated seats and mirrors in '03 Pilots...now that they can be ordered on the '04? That would be great, since they would pick up the warranty of the car. (I'm guessing that adding rails for th esecond row is pretty much out of the question).

--Bret

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
If the mounting holes for the rails are the same, then the seat mod should be no problem.

I'd wonder more about the heated seats and mirrors since there would be more to disassemble and lots of new wiring to install.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
32 Posts
heated seat and mirror upgrade

The wiring will be the issue. The seats are heated via pads that are installed between the foam and the leather covers...I likely even have the part numbers for the heating pads. Has anyone looked to see if the wiring harness connector under the seat is just sitting there not being used? The next step would be to see if the wiring is actually there in the centre stack under the heater/ac system. The switches are mounted under the heater/ac system. The Canadian versions ended up with a very small storage area under the heater/ac. The mirrors themselves may be different, the easiest way would likely to be to go to a Honda dealer and observe a new Pilot coming off the truck --the mirrors all have a sticker with a code on the mirror--what does the code say? ....the switch for the heated mirrors operates via a small button as part of the mirror switch control. I am sure it can be done. Anyone interested in knowing any of the part numbers. I had a problem with a seat on my MDX and requested a print out of both schematics from my Canadian dealers for both the Pilot and the MDX---keep in mind we only have EX and EX-L models --the other one is not available here at all.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
A Presumption on My Part

Either or both of these modifications would be so complex, costly, and|or not end up being like the 2004, that it would probably make more sense to trade up and take the hit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts