Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to convert to a OEM DVD player in a 2015 Honda Pilot EXL. Couldn't find the connection for the toggle part with the big dial with the existing wiring. Is there a part number I should be looking for or the conversion would not be possible at all? Thank you for any input

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
It'll take a fair bit more than just those units. For starters, The DVD/Nav system has preamp outputs and requires an external amplifier module. Connectors might looks similar, but most are not pin-compatible. (I got a service manual with pinouts/wiring diagrams for 2013 Pilot in front of me, pretty much identical to 2015) Possible? Yeah, maybe. A total doozy of a rewiring job.

Worth it? Not by any stretch of imagination (IMHO) You wanna dump a bunch of money and gut your car, go aftermarket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How? What kind of wiring and connectors do I need? Where can I get them? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
413 Posts
Just make sure you are on the same page. From the sound of your original post, you got a standard audio system, similar to the one in EX, and want to upgrade it to the Navigation unit.

Osvaldo apparently got a car that came with OEM Navigation system, (EX-L/Navi) and has added an OEM Rear Entertainment unit to it.

If I am am correct, what you you want to do is on a totally different level of complexity. (And IMHO, 100% not worth the effort for the result you will get)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts