Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently replaced my pre-cat O2 sensors with OEM honda brand on my dads 2006 Pilot. Getting error code for bank 1 sensor 2 heating circuit malfunction and want to replace sensor with same OE brand but don't want to spend big bucks at Honda for a post cat O2. Who is the original manufacturer? Denso? Bosch?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I bought an OEM NTK 24302 sensor from site sponsor Rockauto.com for my Bank 2 Sensor 1. Has worked flawlessly. Look for similar for your Bank 1 Sensor 2.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I did some more searching and found a handful of other people that said NTK as well. I never even thought to check my pre-cat O2s before tossing them out. Anyway, got a new sensor ordered for $70 canadian, hopefully fixes the CEL.

·
Registered
46 Posts
P0157 went off for bank 2 but still have a code for p0420 on bank 1 gonna try and reppace o2 on bank 1 now and see if that fixes it.
Do you have a Bluetooth dongle for OBD diagnostics? You can check the potency of your Cat using it. I've been getting an intermittent P0420, but I can see the CAT is very weak using this test when I drive on the freeway. If you monitor the O2 sensor voltages at a fixed RPM above 2000, if the cat is good you will see a stable voltage, if not, the voltage is all over the place.

Best of luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts