Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you are looking for OEM LED fog light options for the 16-18 model (19 models get them standard), you have many choices. Yes it won't be cheap compared to buying LED bulbs for the halogen housing, but you do have different color options. For the most part, these will be plug and play with one exception which I will cover.

1. 17+ Civic Type R/18+ Odyssey Elite & Touring/19+ Pilot (NEW MODEL 19+ Civic Accessories)

You can start finding these used as junkyards may start accumulating them. These will not be plug and play as is because the connection into the housing isn't your standard H8 plug. There is an aftermarket conversion harness, here from seller 6spd_ek, that will make it plug and play.

Fog Light Assembly, R Front - Honda (P/N 33900-TEY-Y01)
Fog Light Assembly, L Front - Honda (P/N 33950-TEY-Y01)

EDIT: The new 2019 Civic has accessory LED fog light (P/N 08V31-TBA-100H), and according to the installation instructions it looks like it comes with the conversion harness included to make it plug and play.

2. 2016 CRZ Accessory

These are the same ones found on many JDM models, but only available on one model in the US. These are plug and play into the factory harness. The housing is blue but produces a white 5000k beam.

Fog Light Assembly, Led - Honda (US P/N 08V31-E3J-100)

3. JDM Honda Access

Found on many JDM models and unfortunately harder to obtain. Couple of sites like JHPUSA.com sell them. Produces a 3100k beam. I installed these on my wife's Pilot. These are plug and play.

Fog Light Assembly, Led - Honda (Japan P/N 08V31-E3J-D00)

·
Registered
710 Posts
This is good info, nice work!

Does Morimoto have an XB LED option for the newer Pilots yet? Their products are OEM quality.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great information! I want to upgrade the foglights on my wife's 2017 Honda Pilot Elite. I was thinking of just ordering LED bulbs but I might retrofit a 2019 foglights. Problem is that it's not a top priority right now. I dislike the weak low beam pattern not covering wide enough and that the halogen foglights have weak output coverage. So there's some dark spots between the low beam and the foglights light output patterns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts