Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I threw away the OEM blades on my Pilot a long time ago but decided to repurchase a set from the dealer so I can easily use refills. Haven't installed them yet but I'm intrigued by the passenger blade, which has a decent curve to it. This must be to tightly hug the windshield but I'm wondering if the middle hinges (circled in red below) will hit the top frame once the blade's on the car and under tension from the wiper arm. If they do, is that okay? You can see the driver blade doesn't have that curve and there's a decent gap b/w the middle hinges and top frame.

The real test will be when I install them tomorrow. Any Pilot bros running the OEM frames care to comment?

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Any contact would be done gradually as the wiper sweeps and would be gentle since all of the metal parts are just springs attached to larger springs attached to the largest spring all damping the effect.

I doubt it will contact but by the time we bought our Pilot the OEM frames were long gone. And I have zero intention of putting the metal wire frame style back on, I like the beam style.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Installed everything no problem. That gap is a non-issue once the blade's on the car.

I also replaced the original 7+ yr old rear blade. I got just the insert to cut down on waste. Sliding the insert in/out is a PITA since the blade channel is closed off on both ends (totally different than the front blades). The old insert literally disintegrated as I pulled and twisted to get it past the closed off part.

·
Registered
9,775 Posts
I also replaced the original 7+ yr old rear blade. I got just the insert to cut down on waste. Sliding the insert in/out is a PITA since the blade channel is closed off on both ends (totally different than the front blades).
This is why, when I buy the rear wiper insert at the dealer and they offer to install it at no extra charge, I let them do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts