Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this is an old post, but for everyone that installed the OEM boards, did you guys remove the undercoating and add touch up paint as per the instructions. We have a 2021 pilot and I’m going to purchase them as well. Do you need to remove the undercoating. I’m worried about rust as we live in the northeast.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know this is an old post, but for everyone that installed the OEM boards, did you guys remove the undercoating and add touch up paint as per the instructions. We have a 2021 pilot and I’m going to purchase them as well. Do you need to remove the undercoating. I’m worried about rust as we live in the northeast.
Thanks!!
I just installed the OEM running boards on my 21 Touring and you do NOT have to remove the cut outs or cut the undercoating. There is a youtube video of an install and in the comments several people comment NOT to cut the cutout or cut the undercoating. Mine fit perfect. They don't rub or anything.

·
Registered
2021 AWD Touring in Steel Sapphire Metallic
6 Posts
Anyone willing to tell me how wide they are and how much traction they have? I'm worried my youngest will slip on them. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone willing to tell me how wide they are and how much traction they have? I'm worried my youngest will slip on them. Thanks!
Traction is fine, but they don't stick out far enough for adult feet. I'm not getting the OEM ones again. I had them on my 2018 and they look outstanding, but not functional for me to stand on when I'm trying to load my roof carrier.

·
Registered
2021 AWD Touring in Steel Sapphire Metallic
6 Posts
Traction is fine, but they don't stick out far enough for adult feet. I'm not getting the OEM ones again. I had them on my 2018 and they look outstanding, but not functional for me to stand on when I'm trying to load my roof carrier.
Thanks! I didn't think they looked very wide. 😕 I hope they at least help my little 9 yo climb in and out. They're en route now.

Have you picked out an aftermarket pair you like better?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts