Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been really wanting the OEM Honda Pilot running boards after seeing them in person. Finally went out and purchased them.

I purchased the ones without the lights part # 08L33-TG7-100
Not that I didn't want the one with the lights, just read too many issues about them going out and they aren't easily replaceable? I also heard about the chrome trim on these steps rusting, but hopefully living in a state that is known for its great sunny weather nearly all year long won't have me a victim of that.

First of all, most if not anyone can install these themselves. I did. i read about some ridiculous prices some dealerships charge to install these, if you want to save some money--significant money, install them yourself. All you need is a 13mm, and a utility knife, heck maybe you can get away with some good scissors. You don't need to lift the vehicle. I didn't.

Instructions are not included. It is even clearly mentioned on the outside of the box.

Label

I exceeded file limit so I will attach the instructions in my 2nd reply to this post. But it is pretty straight forward. The boards are held on by 2 brackets per side. You need to use the utility knife to cut away a small piece that is already traced so the bracket can clear the plastic trim. Honestly the cut out is a lot more than it has to be, but hey just followed Honda's cutaway. 2 bolts for the bracket to the frame each, and 2 bolts to secure the board on the bracket. If there was any confusing it were the brackets towards the rear of the vehicle. I had switched the sides. Although they worked, I didnt want to go against Honda's official way to install them. The front brackets have a clear L AND R etched on them so you cant mix that up. But the rear brackets I missed it although I saw later in very very small lettering of the part # followed by L and R at the end to make me realize I dun f-d up the back brackets.

Overall great fitment and good product. Some will question the boards only being held up by 2 brackets per side. When underneath you will see a center cut out as well which looks like a 3rd bracket could be right in the middle for added support? I know some aftermarket running boards utilize this for superior support and weight handling. But I was always leaning towards the Honda OEM ones. I loved how they look on the vehicle and helps with my shorter passengers to get in and out of the vehicle.

Below are some misc pics of the install and parts.

Automotive exterior Auto part
Bicycle part Auto part Tire Vehicle Spoke
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Automotive window part Windshield
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle door Rim
Metal

Sky Blue Cloud Atmosphere Daytime
Material property Auto part
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Motor vehicle Rim

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As mention previously instructions are not included.

I believe you can get them from here
The Official Honda Site. Purchase Honda and Acura Genuine Accessories and Parts directly from your local dealer on the eStore.

Or as a backup I have attached the PDF here
View attachment 08L33-TG7-100.pdf

You can also find them by simply putting the part # on google followed by instructions. The part # is 08L33-TG7-100
Again this is without the lights. The ones with the lights will have additional steps I believe.

Here they are installed

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice! I also installed this add on a few weeks back and it is indeed straight forward. To me, the pilot looks much better with the running board.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After a long debate from my wife I finally ordered one as well. With these running boards my kids can easily go into the SUV. Can't wait to get mine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
looks good

The Official Honda Site. Purchase Honda and Acura Genuine Accessories and Parts directly from your local dealer on the eStore.

View attachment 106961

You can also find them by simply putting the part # on google followed by instructions. The part # is 08L33-TG7-100
Again this is without the lights. The ones with the lights will have additional steps I believe.

Here they are installed

I aslo want to get OEM Running Boards, but here in Canada they are very expensive. They goes for ~800 plus tax:frown:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I aslo want to get OEM Running Boards, but here in Canada they are very expensive. They goes for ~800 plus tax:frown:
yikes, where in Canada are you? are you close by the border of the US? I know those who are, there are these places in the US by the canada border, candians order parts and have them shipped there, and drive the parts in themselves to save shipping/customs/duties/taxes/etc. Obviously this might not be an option if you are no where close to the border. But if you are ,look into this.

I guess its a trade off since the vehicle is cheaper in canada than in the USA, and sometimes you get a lot more too than the equivalent USA version.

Was looking into the new 17 CRV and the canadian touring is not only cheaper, it comes with heated rear seats and pano roof, 2 big things the USDM version does not--cant even get it as an option.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed the lighted version when I got my EX-L, primarily for the little tikes we transport around. They do look nice! One thing that I did prior to the installation, as I did with the hitch before installing it, was to put three thick coats of black Rust-o-leum paint on them. It's way easier to do before they're installed than afterwards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I installed the lighted version when I got my EX-L, primarily for the little tikes we transport around. They do look nice! One thing that I did prior to the installation, as I did with the hitch before installing it, was to put three thick coats of black Rust-o-leum paint on them. It's way easier to do before they're installed than afterwards.

I did the same. I love the light up ones in the garage for my kiddos. Something else I did with mine is I has lineX put in the door jams where they get in and out. Makes it easy to clean and keeps those scratches way.>:)

·
Registered
30 Posts

View attachment 106961

Here they are installed

Thanks for including the intructions. How much did the running boards cost you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know where is the 2-pin connector in the driver side that the lighted running board harness can connect to? I don't seem to find it. The one in the passenger side is easy to locate.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Does anyone know where is the 2-pin connector in the driver side that the lighted running board harness can connect to? I don't seem to find it. The one in the passenger side is easy to locate.
It's a pain to get to. It's up rather high and you need to remove some of the dash lower cover trim. Here is a pic of where mine was located. Honda's accessory instruction pdf does a decent job of showing how to locate it (see page 4 & 11).

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/installation/AII01913-11.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice write up and looks good! I have side welcome lights installed and plan on maybe installing OEM running boards. I was wondering if anyone knows if installing the running boards will block the side welcome lights.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts