Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since the Pilot is now the best vehicle the "I've" ever owned (and I've had a few doozies) I've been worried about the cargo area getting destroyed because I move a lot of things around town for various elderly relatives. So I ordered the OEM cargo liner from Wholesale Direct as they had the best combination of price/shipping between 12 different sites I checked out.

Dealer MSRP: $182.88 + tax
Online price: $133.43 (incl. shipping)

The package comes with a main cargo floor blanket, two covers for the sidewalls, a storage bag, templates, and flanged button inserts. The blanket and covers are very thick woven vinyl...cut- and tear-resistant and water-proof. The edging stitches are triple-sewn and the whole package is very sturdy. The sidewall covers both have cut/sewn/reinforced holes for all of the mounting hooks and subwoofer outlet. The only drawback is that the sidewall covers also sit over the two cargo bays on the side of the trunk, rather than sit "in" them. But other than that the package seems to be well thought out and executed.

I was a little tentative about the install since the directions called for drilling holes into the sidewalls in which the buttons are put into, but the templates made the alignment very easy. The directions noted that the holes should be drilled with 2mm/3mm/6mm so that the holes don't spider-web the sidewall plastic. I also used duct tape over the pilot holes before drilling just to be extra-sure. Instead of using metric drill bits I went with English bits and didn't go any bigger than 5/16" (5.9mm) thinking that a slightly smaller mounting hole would be better....and it was. Always easier to go a little bigger later than deal with a mounting hole that's oversized!

Notes:
1. OEM part number 08P42-TG7-100 (original) has been superceded with 08PG42-TG7-101. Both are still available for the same price but be sure to get the newer part number as the edging is triple-sewn and the original is double-sewn.

2. There are three templates that are supposed to be included. My package only included two of the three. I couldn't find a copy of the missing template online, but when I was done with the other two templates I installed the liner and was able figure out where the missing template would have been placed and was able to drill the button hole in the appropriate spot.

3. You cannot have this cargo liner installed and use the third row so you will have to keep the storage bag handy if you need to people-haul. Everything folds up nicely and the storage bag is plenty big enough to hold all of the pieces.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it. The sidewall covers are not exactly "fit and snug" but over the last few days I've discovered this is actually convenient because it allows for a much easier and quicker removal/reinstall. After all, I'm out to protect the cargo bay and if I want the cargo bay to look nice, I'll just remove the covers.

Rear template on LH side. Pilot holes were started on the template using office push-pins to just make a small starter hole. This same template is then reversed and applied to the RH side. Note the small tap laying on the cargo floor. I used this to gently tap the locking flange into the buttons. Also note the cargo bin below the power outlet. This bin is covered over by the sidewall cover and is not available for use when installed:

The two buttons now installed on LH side based on the template:

The two buttons now installed on RH side based on the template when reversed:

One single button is mounted with another template behind the 2nd row seating. This is the RH side with a reversed copy on the LH side:

Rear view of the cargo liner on the cargo well. Elastic straps go over all three of the 2nd row headrests and then velcro is applied on the carpet backing of the 2nd row and 3rd row:

The cargo liner itself is long enough to hang down over the bumper by about 12" for extra protection when loading/unloading:

The sidewall covers cover the entire siding and have a mounting that actually sits on the top of the sidewall. The back end snaps on the button that were mounted in the rear of the cargo area. The forward edge mounts underneath the weather stripping of the passenger doors.

View of the RH side sidewall cover:

View of the LH sidewall cover:

LH sidewall cover with the leading edge mounted under the LH passenger door weather stripping. Very easy to move the weather stripping out and it popped right back into place with no problems:

Cargo liner, cargo tray dividers, and cargo cover all completely installed:

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Could you share the link for yours? I really like them. What floor mats did you get, too, if you don't mind sharing?

Eta: pretty sure I found them and looks like they are only for 2019+ models. Along with your cool seat back protectors. 😏

Sorry for the late reply but here are the parts:

08P42-TG7-100C Seat Back Protectors (Goes on the back of the second row seat)
08P42-TG7-100A Cargo Area Side Panel Protectors (As the name implies, its the protector for the side of the cargo area. Will cover up the cup holder in the 3rd row seat though.)
08U45-TG7-100B Cargo Area Tray, Folding (Just the OEM cargo tray mat)

I have the Husky weatherbeater floormats but I wish they offer the x-act contour for the pilot. I have the x-act contour on my truck and prefer it over the weatherbeater. Its more rubber than plastic which I like better.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
592 Posts
Sorry for the late reply but here are the parts:

08P42-TG7-100C Seat Back Protectors (Goes on the back of the second row seat)
08P42-TG7-100A Cargo Area Side Panel Protectors (As the name implies, its the protector for the side of the cargo area. Will cover up the cup holder in the 3rd row seat though.)
08U45-TG7-100B Cargo Area Tray, Folding (Just the OEM cargo tray mat)

I have the Husky weatherbeater floormats but I wish they offer the x-act contour for the pilot. I have the x-act contour on my truck and prefer it over the weatherbeater. Its more rubber than plastic which I like better.

Thanks for sharing.

How many pop snap things are there? Can you remove the panel and take a photo?

Just want to see how it looks without it.

Thank You!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
98 Posts
Here is the pictures there are 8 snap on clips.

5 here.

Its kind of the same on the other side.
These looks really good... Thanks for sharing.. Sometimes these pictures work like a charm when trying to convince my betterhalf to buy one for the Pilot..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great. Just looking for instructions so I can see how difficult it is

For all of the protector, this is what I did. I laid the protector over the area for fitment and make sure its in the place that I need it to be. You can also tape it in place if that helps you as well. Once you are okay with the fitment, you'll need to take a strip of tape and tape it onto the car itself and place the cover over the area that has the snap on (those circle area on the protector). Hold it in place and take a needle/pushpin put it through the hole to mark the area that will need to be drilled. I started with one side and worked my way to the other and adjust as needed to make sure everything would snap on correctly.

Here is the installation for the 2nd back seat protector. The installation for the cargo side protector is the same approach. Look at page 4. This is essentially what I did to mark the area for drilling.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
For all of the protector, this is what I did. I laid the protector over the area for fitment and make sure its in the place that I need it to be. You can also tape it in place if that helps you as well. Once you are okay with the fitment, you'll need to take a strip of tape and tape it onto the car itself and place the cover over the area that has the snap on (those circle area on the protector). Hold it in place and take a needle/pushpin put it through the hole to mark the area that will need to be drilled. I started with one side and worked my way to the other and adjust as needed to make sure everything would snap on correctly.

Here is the installation for the 2nd back seat protector. The installation for the cargo side protector is the same approach. Look at page 4. This is essentially what I did to mark the area for drilling.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Yeah I found them. Collage Hills Honda has pretty good deals. Thank you for the advice. As far as the drilling goes is it through plastic or is there any metal you have to drill threw?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah I found them. Collage Hills Honda has pretty good deals. Thank you for the advice. As far as the drilling goes is it through plastic or is there any metal you have to drill threw?
There are no metal pieces, its all plastic. Once I felt like the drill was going to go through, I just slow it down so it wouldn't go any deeper than needed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts