Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I oredered some OEM rear brake pads for my 2010 pilot (part 43022-SZA-A01). It came with a packet of dark grease but it doesn't identify what exactly it is. I'm wondering if it is the M-77 assembly paste or it is just synthetic grease. I plan on using it for the retainer mating surfaces, contact side of shims and pads, and pad ears. Please advise.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hello. I oredered some OEM rear brake pads for my 2010 pilot (part 43022-SZA-A01). It came with a packet of dark grease buy it doesn't identify what exactly it is. I'm wondering if it is the M-77 assembly paste or it is just synthetic grease. I plan on using it for the retainer mating surfaces, contact side of shims and pads, and pad ears. Please advise.
Yes, it's the M-77 grease (actually Honda uses the term "paste") that helps with brake squealing problems. It's a special high-temp formulation for this application. It's commonly available in car part stores also. The shop manual shows the exact locations, but it goes basically as you describe.

- Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts