Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has experienced this or not.

We were driving today R15 near Thurmont, MD, anyway I when traveling @ 65mph I was hearing a wierd noise coming from the drivers side window. It sounded almost like the glass was rattling "sort-of". I checked to make sure the door was closed tight, or the window was all the way up, but it stayed as long as I was going fast. I never heard it at slow speeds at all.

It definitley wasnt a whistling noise, more like tapping of glass (loose) glass sound ??

Anyone experienced anything like this before ??

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I had a window rattle at 65 mph. I took it into the dealer and asked them to look at it when I did my 7500 mile maintenance. Dealer found nothing and claimed it must be my aftermarket vent visor rattling against the window. Then, on the way home, I noticed that the sun visor was off the clip on the passenger side. So, I popped it back in. Guess what? No more rattle. What I thought was a window rattle was actually the sun visor rattling.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wwong said:
I had a window rattle at 65 mph. I took it into the dealer and asked them to look at it when I did my 7500 mile maintenance. Dealer found nothing and claimed it must be my aftermarket vent visor rattling against the window. Then, on the way home, I noticed that the sun visor was off the clip on the passenger side. So, I popped it back in. Guess what? No more rattle. What I thought was a window rattle was actually the sun visor rattling.
Thanks, I will check that out !!

BTW, wwong, I emailed you, I got my pads today. I will send extra set back ...
Jimmy

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had a rattle too.

Searched for it for some time.

Turned out it was the wife's sunglasses in the overhead bin.

I was so mad. :3:

She now is required to put them in the little bag... :D

That bin needs more padding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts