Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot EX-L - - 226k 2007 Honda Accord SE - - 145k
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I just noticed this odd Noise coming from somewhere behind the dash tonight. Radio and climate control were off. Nothing heard under the hood at all and nothing running weird. I shot a video of it at the below link for reference. Thanks for checking it out and the help in advance!

·
Registered
141 Posts
imo the rapid clicking might be one of the motors like air mix or recirculate vent actuator or if there's others like this in our pilots. These have plastic gears which wear over time and skip causing rapid clicking sound as it continues trying to get the right setting. just my first thought. Does it stop when the climate control system is turned off? I can't read the LED.

I can say for sure thought, that the louder squeaking sound is the leather seat as you move... ... j/k :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, good call on the leather. Yeah it's more of a gurgling than clicking. I was wondering if it may be the blend actuator. It's actually only noticeable when the system is off from my really short test tonight.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,257 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll check these out and report back, thanks! I didn't even think about air in the cooling system. 👌

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot EX-L, Sage Brush Pearl
11 Posts
I had this problem a few weeks back, and it definitely sounds like the blend door actuator or air mix motor, especially because of the location (same thing, but I’ve heard it being called different things). It is located directly under the glovebox. I fixed it both in my Pilot and my mom’s Odyssey. It’s not hard to fix, but don’t be dumb like me and not watch a video on how to take it out. I didn’t watch a video, and spent too long laying down on the passenger floor trying to figure it out and I injured my back. After I uninstalled it, instead of replacing it I just took the unit apart, and cleaned it with electronic cleaner. I cleaned out all of the old grease and black bits from contacts wearing, and made sure I put plenty of grease back in. Here’s a video that helped me do it:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't forget to do this - it just has been a busy past week for me! I did check the radiator and reservoir cold and that was all good to go. I'll double check the drains under, but I have been seeing two water drip spots with the A/C on so hopefully that bodes well when I stick a pen in it. If it's the actuator, that will move a bit down the list but I'll get it done!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts