Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Odd noise behind center/right area of dashboard . 2005

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  road2cycle 
#1 ·
Very odd noise coming from behind the dash. Hard to describe, but almost like what an 8 track player or cassette used to sound like. I haven't a clue. I guess I can just keep the music louder .

#2 ·
It can be a number of things. Is it cyclic or steady?
The blower and mixer door motors come to mind, as well as the CD player.
Does turning things on and off throughout the dash change anything?

#3 ·
Sorry Can! I must not have my notifications set correctly. It's more steady. Maybe something to do with heater core if that is behind there. Maybe I should check CD player. I never use it but also never thought to check to see if it's empty or just spinning in there .

#4 ·
My first thought is that you need to identify what causes the noise to occur (fan on, ac on, heater on, etc) and provide a more precise location of where it is coming from. Then we’ll be able to provide better feedback on what to check.

#6 ·
My 04 had a weird noise in the center of the dash like you are describing. It was the AC blend door actuator. I found it by having the Pilot and AC running. Lay in the passenger side floor and reach your hand under the center of the dash and touch the blend door actuator. I shined a flashlight under the dash to locate it. It is on the bottom of the air box.

#8 ·
That's got to be it. The noise is basically in the passenger footwell but more under center . I haven't had time to get under there and actually work on it but after reading that link it sounds like what the problem is and that it is not uncommon . Thanks!!

#10 ·
Account -> Email option (select preferences) -> Go down to the section where it says “Receive a notification when someone . . .”

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.