Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago, I replaced the bulb in the driver's side map light. Not too long after, the passenger side light quit coming on when I opened or closed the door, and wouldn't turn on when I turned the switch. I figured it was another blown bulb. I finally got around to replacing the bulb. In the course of popping off the cover to replace it a few days ago I pressed the light, and it turned on. I replaced the bulb anyway. It started working after that. However, now the driver's side light has quit working when the door is opened or when you use the slide switch. If you press the light cover, it turns on. Any suggestions? Im thinking there's a loose connection in the fixture somewhere.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I also found this one

the search feature for me seems to be inconsistent. It’s highly likely to be user error :)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
There are some tricks with gargle search that have temporarily slipped my mind. A search string that limits results to a particular domain or even a specific sub-domain, so you can use the search power of gargle to find results from a limited selection set of candidate posts. Site owners (in this case VerticalScope) really have no interest in helping you find results outside of their domain. Captive clicks please, no need to look elsewhere... :)

Otherwise, if you want to use the embedded search function, chose the advanced options tab and select the 2012-2015 forum from the filters list. That would get you results most directly relevant.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,236 Posts
Yup, you'd be surprised how often it ends up being the replaceable microswitch, unintuitively.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Very early in our stewardship period with the Pilot, the interior bulbs were changed to LEDs via a recommended kit from Amazon. On top of that, we very seldom use the map light function at all. If I'm driving by myself I leave the slider in the 'off' position by default. It's only if I have passengers and driving after dark that I even move the slider for on with doors open. The places I park have enough light even at night for me to fumble my butt into the seat, so I leave the lights off to cut down on the immediate night-blindness.

So, do the LEDs reduce the load on those switches enough to save them? Is my very minimal use of the map light push function a factor in their extended life? Will our hero be able to escape from the sealed closet before he runs out of air? Inquiring minds an all that...

Or -- Things only seem to fail when we ask them to do something. Never ask, never fail. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: plplplpl
1 - 6 of 6 Posts