Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a bit of a mystery on our hands here.

Wife's 2019 Pilot EX-L recently (last Sunday), out of nowhere, simply wouldn't start. Got a jump. Cranked fine with the jump, took it to AutoZone to have the battery tested. 98% charge. Tested alternator. Passed fine.

Since then, it has not started without a jump once, and has nearly failed to start (labored, clicking noise) multiple other times. Along the way, we've had these other issues:

• Seat fails to adjust to pre-set;
  • Trunk won't open;
  • Temp gauge on dash not working.

All of this "sounds" electrical to me, but I'm far from an expert. Could the battery be failing even though it shows good charge? I have an appointment with the dealer Monday, but if it could be resolved with a new battery, that would obviously be preferable.

·
Registered
Home of the 302k 2012 V6 Honda Crosstour
14,193 Posts
Is the battery aftermarket?
If it is an AutoZone battery, my experience was that this battery is slightly shorter, not allowing the posts to protrude through the lid as far as it should.This prevents the terminals from being fully tightened. A set of shims can be purchased to solve this.
Font Auto part Metal Fashion accessory Slide sandal

·
Registered
210 Posts
Had similar symptoms, wouldn’t start out of the blue, seat memory not working. Jumped it, took it to dealer, battery tested fine even though I knew it was toast. Took it home, next morning, happened again. Jumped it, took it to the dealer again and asked them to replace the battery this time, all good since. been about 8 months. I was just under the 3 year warranty so it was free. Also have a 2019 exL. I think Honda put in a batch of crappy batteries In this model year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts