Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody else receive the "notice" about the month of October being Customer Appreciation Days for Honda??? :confused:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I got the same thing. I feel so appreciated now!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
920 Posts
When did you guys get this???

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MG Pilot said:
When did you guys get this???
In the mail yesterday -- the return address was Columbus, Ohio but that's all I remember since I have thrown away the envelope...

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
kemosabe said:
In the mail yesterday -- the return address was Columbus, Ohio but that's all I remember since I have thrown away the envelope...
I'm feeling left out :( , but my wipers were replaced on my Pilot's anniversary in June, and I check everything else regularly. :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
New wiper "inserts"....that's nice. But what if you've already changed to a superiour wiper, like Bosche?

I guess it's the thought that counts...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hmmm... that must be from Honda Corporate right ? I got some notice from a local Honda dealer about their Customer Appreciation Day but did not get that wiper one.

Since I'm planning to take the car in for a 7,500 mile service in October...

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
THey don't appreciate me I guess....

I didn't get one, even though I have owned 4 Hondas. Currently we have a 99 Odyssey and the 03 Pilot. I feel soooooo unlappreciated...

:behead:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
kemosabe said:
Did anybody else receive the "notice" about the month of October being Customer Appreciation Days for Honda??? :confused:
Not surprisingly, kemosabe, since Criswell Honda was the midwife for both of our babies, I received that same "notice" in the mail. The same thing isn't sent out on behalf of every Honda dealer, though--I also deal with Shockley and haven't gotten the same mailing under their name.

But, alas, I just missed out on the fabulous Customer Appreciation offer. It was just last Saturday (Sept. 27) that Criswell performed a 10,000 mile service on my Pilot! I did use the 15% off coupon for that service they included in the same mailing. If I recall correctly, that brought the bill down to $81.

Not to drift too far from the topic, I was disappointed that Criswell, again, showed little interest in pursuing why I've consistently averaged mileage in the 16-17 mpg range. The service advisor said the only thing left to do would be to run a "computerized test" of the engine. When I asked if they could go ahead and do this on the same visit, he refused. In fact, he tried to discourage me from having it done at all, saying that "16-17 mpg is what I should expect to get in most driving conditions, especially with running AC." Never mind that I'd already told him most of my driving is on the highway, NOT running AC.

This dealership seems OK on service in most aspects, but they don't seem to feel that mileage well below what most others average is a problem. :bangh:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I didn't get any such thing. I can do all those checks myself without going down to the dealer to "drink some Honda Kool-Aid". If they really want to show me some appreciation, thay can just mail me the #$%kin' wiper blades.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I did not get either. It's because I have given "HONDA" a poor rating :8:

Well, who cares? Honda does not appreciate all. It's a Pick and Choose policy.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
krygny said:
I didn't get any such thing. I can do all those checks myself without going down to the dealer to "drink some Honda Kool-Aid". If they really want to show me some appreciation, thay can just mail me the #$%kin' wiper blades.
I must say that "Customer Appreciation" ain't what it used to be.

Back when I bought my '86 Accord, "Customer Appreciation" meant a free oil change rather than a free wiper blade change! :8:

·
Registered
163 Posts
October/November

I have not received October appreciation letter.

Do you think I should get it in November as "November appreciation letter" :8:

OR may be Honda is biased OR may be I have given Honda a "WORST RATING" OR ...... Curious why I was left out?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: October/November

hondalover said:
I have not received October appreciation letter.

Do you think I should get it in November as "November appreciation letter" :8:

OR may be Honda is biased OR may be I have given Honda a "WORST RATING" OR ...... Curious why I was left out?
I doubt it's anything to do with you personally.

I've bought cars from and have servicing done by two different Honda dealers. I didn't rate either of them. I received the October appreciation letter from one, but not the other.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Re: Re: October: Customer Appreciation Days

Ziploc said:
Not surprisingly, kemosabe, since Criswell Honda was the midwife for both of our babies, I received that same "notice" in the mail. The same thing isn't sent out on behalf of every Honda dealer, though--I also deal with Shockley and haven't gotten the same mailing under their name.
I bought (and no longer own) one Honda from dealer A and never dealt with them again. I got this notice in the mail under their name (a week after I bought new wiper blade inserts, of course). I bought two Hondas from dealer B, including the one I own now, and have regularly used their service department for years. I received nada from them. :8:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts