Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Octane high enough?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  AlH 
#1 ·
I have just taken delivery of a new (made in Canada) silver EXL-Navi and am thrilled with it. The only bad things I have noticed are: -

Unimportant - the poor quality cover over the compartment that houses the jack and related tools.

More important - an occasional rattling from the engine just before it upshifts, especially noticeable when going uphill. To my uneducated ear this sounds like pinging (detonation) such as that you'd get by putting low octane gas in an engine that needs mid or premium grade. When I picked the car up, the dealer, umprompted, made a point of telling me that regular grade (87 octane) was all that was needed. Is this the problem or am I hearing something different?

Regards to all.

#2 ·
#3 ·
#7 ·
Our jack cover (build date late June) was very loose. The dealer ordered a new one and it fits perfectly, very tight. Makes me wonder why Honda is still using the crummy ones, seems they'd send them back to the supplier and get the better one. Oh well, let the customer get the loose ones, maybe he won't notice........

Al

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.