Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
73PILOTDAD flew off to Sacramento for a fishing trip this morning, so I "got" to ride in the 3rd row of my Pilot on the 40% split side. Wedged in with luggage and exiting the vehicle in style...out the tailgate. I see where I rank! This was no short trip (1 hour airport run)
Looking at the space, I was expecting to be in pain, but here is what I noticed (bearing in mind that I am 5'4 and wear a 32 inch inseam):

:) -WOW- The Pilot looks HUGE from back there

:) -WOW again, I was quite comfortable, aside from my big size 8
feet only being able to move from side to side

:) -3rd row recline came in handy to give me a little more space

:) -2nd row recline should definitely be in the "up" position

:)-knees had plenty of room

:)-headrests are perfectly shaped

:)-handy cupholder/deep pocket for coffee and keys (I also
discovered it's been a trash can for kids gum wrappers)

:mad: -Freeway road noise above the rear tires is reminiscant of the
back row of a DC-10! yikes

All in all, I think almost anyone with 32 inseam or shorter will be just fine back there :4: I'd give them a 7 outta 10 :29:

Have you ridden back there in the mystery seats?

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Tried it out

But at 6'6" I didn't quite fit...perhaps if I had a shoehorn I could have...

:8:

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:

Have you ridden back there in the mystery seats?
Ironic that you mention this now. My Pilot carted six of us to lunch today. The guy who got to ride in back may have the distinction of being the only person who ever rides back there because I will be filling the rear cargo area with sports equipment soon.

He reported the seats not having much cushion.

I was driving through a parking lot with speed bumps. I drove over them at moderate speed to see how the Pilot would handle them. I was thinking how smoothly it handled the bump about the time the guy in back complained about how he was feeling it sitting over the axle. Oops! :eek:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: Re: Observations from the 3rd row

florida_guy said:

He reported the seats not having much cushion.

maybe he suffers from soft-back-side-itus

:2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
620 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:
-3rd row recline came in handy to give me a little more space
3rd row recline!??? Do we have 3rd row recline? (apparently I haven't spent much time in the back)...

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Jet-Pilot-64 said:
3rd row recline!??? Do we have 3rd row recline? (apparently I haven't spent much time in the back)...
Yessirrreee bobbarooney!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts

Jet-Pilot-64 said:
Not much - but some!! :)

We had 7 people in our Pilot this weekend for a drive through RMNP. All-in-all, no complaints (course their second choice was to walk). :eek:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Observations from the 3rd row

74PILOTMOM said:

Yessirrreee bobbarooney!
I'll have to check that one out! Speaking of which, Pilotdad is in my neck of the woods. I didn't know that this was fishing season here...??? We do have an awesome salmon run on the American River sometime around here...

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, I guess so- He's fishing on some river (I'm well informed!) for salmon. So far he's caught a 31 lb and a 16 lb. They left Seattle with a massive empty cooler as luggage. It just better come home heavy! Excellent on the BBQ with a little butter yoshida and brown sugar. MMMMMMMMMM:drool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts