Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I want to get a bluetooth scanner module that can display VCM status on my phone. I think Scan Gauge can do this but I don't want the cord and their big extra gauge. Want to do this on my phone.

Anyone know of one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
857 Posts
Any BT dongle that does live data monitoring will read short term fuel trims. You will know when VCM is enabled as bank1 short term trim will flat line. Bluedriver works well for me but I have my VCM disabled.

·
Registered
9,473 Posts
Hi Guys, I want to get a bluetooth scanner module that can display VCM status on my phone. I think Scan Gauge can do this but I don't want the cord and their big extra gauge. Want to do this on my phone.

Anyone know of one.

Thanks!
If you have an active VCM, just know that after the engine is warm, if your coasting, maintaining speed or the cruise control is on, your V6 is only running on the front 3 cylinders, bank 2. 😣
May I ask what data are you looking for?

Reactions: allenga

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have an active VCM, just know that after the engine is warm, if your coasting, maintaining speed or the cruise control is on, your V6 is only running on the front 3 cylinders, bank 2. 😣
I saw that Scan Guage indicates a simple indication for VCM like ON or OFF. That is what I want to see. I don't feel anything different in my 2021 in any driving condition.

·
Registered
9,473 Posts
I saw that Scan Guage indicates a simple indication for VCM like ON or OFF. That is what I want to see. I don't feel anything different in my 2021 in any driving condition.
Honda engineers have done an amazing job masking off the vibrations with those high dollar front and back engine mounts. As the vehicle ages, it becomes more evident.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I don't feel anything different in our '17 G2 Ridgeline in any driving condition either.....ScanGauge is the only way I can see/tell the VCMTuner II is working. I'll just keep it that way "as the vehicle ages".

Geez, does that tranny warmer ever do anything? LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any BT dongle that does live data monitoring will read short term fuel trims. You will know when VCM is enabled as bank1 short term trim will flat line. Bluedriver works well for me but I have my VCM disabled.
Thank you. I found this one and will go test drive. There are tons of Bank 1 data elements. Wondering what else

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't feel anything different in our '17 G2 Ridgeline in any driving condition either.....ScanGauge is the only way I can see/tell the VCMTuner II is working. I'll just keep it that way "as the vehicle ages".

Geez, does that tranny warmer ever do anything? LOL
How do you set up VCM status in the ScanGuage. I read the doc and don't see a selection for it. Thank you!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just did a test run with OBDLink MX+ monitoring
I just did a test run with OBDLink MX+ monitoring Short term fuel % trim - Bank 1 and I could see when coasting it went to 0%, if I stood on the gas it went up to 15%, if I was light on throttle is varied from 3-5%. So, is like 15% most likely all six cylinders and 0% is bank 1 off. Is there like 5 and 4 active cylinders too?

·
Registered
847 Posts
See post #3 in the link below. Select an XGauge slot/# in the ScanGauge, enter the TXD, RXF, RXD, MTH, and name (VCM) codes. Select VCM as one of the four display slots. It will start displaying OFF beside VCM. When the rear bank of cylinders shut down, ON will display beside VCM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts