Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Pilot touring 2017.

Is it possible to program the remote with OBD to progeam it somehow close the all windows with remote?

For example, before I had a car Peugeot 307 2006 (not common in North America) , I used to close all the windows with long press with the close button in the remote, do you think that similar option could be possible in my pilot ?

Thanks

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,847 Posts
Doubt it. The method Honda uses to close the windows without entering the vehicle is to take the key out of the fob, insert it into he drivers door lock, turn it to lock once then turn it to lock a second time and hold it.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Doubt it. The method Honda uses to close the windows without entering the vehicle is to take the key out of the fob, insert it into he drivers door lock, turn it to lock once then turn it to lock a second time and hold it.
You can only open all of the windows and sunroof using the remote FOB, but can't close them using it. I believe you just press and hold the unlock button and after a few seconds the windows and sunroof open. You can continue holding until they are fully opened or let go anytime to stop them from opening further. Many posts in the past about owner's finding their windows and sunroofs open and wondering why.

My guess is Honda doesn't allow the windows to close the same way because of safety reasons. Heads, hands, pets, etc potentially getting caught in the windows if the button is pushed.

·
Registered
722 Posts
If there is a way, no one has gone that deep to figure out it. It's a really stupid concept because rolling them up is probably more important than down. If you look out the window and it started raining it would be great to be able to close things up. The windows are already equipped with an anti pinch system so what's the issue? I would try to see if anyone on the Civic or Accord side has done anything like that.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
safety reasons
This. Here in the states, I could hypothetically sue Honda for enabling a feature that can harm others in a scenario where the operator couldn't confirm there are no limbs or necks in or out of the window. We are a backwards people with no self control or personal responsibility, and it makes me sad, but this is who we are.

Remember, this is also the country where obnoxious "OK, I accept" prompts are riddled throughout factory navigation because we like to turn when the GPS says, regardless of whether there is a road to turn onto or a concrete barrier in our way.

In the same country, I can legally obtain automatic or semi automatic firearms and ammunition with very little scrutiny...maybe we need an amendment that gives us the right to remotely roll up windows.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you it is just about leagal and safety, I can see this feature in many other brands ... BMW, Peugeot, Citroën ... And I don't think they don't care about leagal or safety.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
However my question it not about the standard setting from the manual (I know it is not possible that way), I am asking if there is a way to change that from OBD.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,847 Posts
Anything is possible I suppose if you have enough money. I know of no known way to do so at this point however.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts