Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After considerable research and many test drives, my wife and I were content to consider either the Honda Pilot or the Chrysler Pacifica as our next vehicle. No quips please - obviously there are substantial differences between the two, but there were different things we liked about each. BTW, we reside in Ontario, Canada. Then began the negotiations. In both cases, I was wanting to do a 4 year lease, based on $5000 down + taxes + fees + first born, etc.

Honda is quoting lease rates of around 4 percent. They even confirmed the invoice price that I had acquired through, ahem, other channels. Then off I went to the Chrysler dealer. They are quoting lease rates of almost 8 percent on the Pacifica!!! What a ginormous gap!!!

Having come to the conclusion that Chrysler is just not interested in actually putting Pacifica's on the road, I am pleased to report that I'll be picking up a brand new Pilot Ex next week, after I return from a brief vacation.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Antonin said:
After considerable research and many test drives, my wife and I were content to consider either the Honda Pilot or the Chrysler Pacifica as our next vehicle. No quips please - obviously there are substantial differences between the two, but there were different things we liked about each. BTW, we reside in Ontario, Canada. Then began the negotiations. In both cases, I was wanting to do a 4 year lease, based on $5000 down + taxes + fees, etc.

Honda is quoting lease rates of around 4 percent. They even confirmed the invoice price that I had acquired through, ahem, other channels. Then off I went to the Chrysler dealer. They are quoting lease rates of almost 8 percent on the Pacifica!!! What a ginormous gap!!!

Having come to the conclusion that Chrysler is just not interested in actually putting Pacifica's on the road, I am pleased to report that I'll be picking up a brand new Pilot Ex next week, after I return from a brief vacation.
Congrats on an excellent choice!! What color are you getting?

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Silver. I've noted problems some others have had with Silver Paint, and intend to query the dealer.

BTW, this is a GREAT SITE!!!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Antonin said:
Silver. I've noted problems some others have had with Silver Paint, and intend to query the dealer.

BTW, this is a GREAT SITE!!!
You will like the Silver, I'm sure. Mrs. Colorider has a silver Sebring and it does seem to be easier to keep clean than our Sandstone Pilot.

Yes, I think you will enjoy the site. We have some great people here that will help answer any and all of your questions (usually more than once!!). :2: :2:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
colorider said:
You will like the Silver, I'm sure. Mrs. Colorider has a silver Sebring and it does seem to be easier to keep clean than our Sandstone Pilot.

Yes, I think you will enjoy the site. We have some great people here that will help answer any and all of your questions (usually more than once!!). :2: :2:
Amen, I can attest to that since I've usually been on the receiving end of those helpful answers, many, many times. :D :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
I didn't want to say anything in case you chose the Pacifica, but before I bought my Pilot, I stopped by the local Chrysler dealer. As the salesman was describing the features of the Pacifica while we were sitting in one, I mentioned that I was seriously considering the Pilot. The salesman told me quite frankly that I should get the Pilot instead of the Pacifica. He said the quality of the car along withe superior reliability made the Pilot the clear choice. I thanked him for his candid response and promised not to tell his boss.:D

Just this weekend I went to the Chrysler "Art of Driving" demonstration event. I was able to drive and MDX and a Pacifica one after the other on a small closed course (wish it had been a Pilot instead of the MDX). The Pacifica was noticably slower than the MDX, and didn't handle nearly as well, but I thought it was pretty nice overall. Some design aspects were kind of dumb though... since there is a console between the second row seats, any big items could scratch the console pretty badly. So, they attached a fabric-covered piece of wood or cardboard to the second row seat behind the driver seat held in place by velcro. When you dolf down the second row seat you're supposed to open up the fabric-covered board to protect the console. To me it looked really cheap and a real kluge. But that is just my opinion.

I think you made the right choice in getting the Pilot. If you don't believe me, believe the Chrysler salesman. ;)

- shutrbug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts