Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(
Just this morning, another doctor told us they also got a Pilot, a black one. And I thought I was top dog here in this little town Punxsy! DAGNABIT!:3:
I can only celebrate in the fact that we have RES and he doesn't! :D

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Alamat said:
:(
Just this morning, another doctor told us they also got a Pilot, a black one. And I thought I was top dog here in this little town Punxsy! DAGNABIT!:3:
I can only celebrate in the fact that we have RES and he doesn't! :D
I was Lonesome Sage for about 3 months down here! Now I'm thrilled and act like a total idiot :awais: when I see another Pilot!
You're in the Vin Table aren't ya... If not here ya go, Doc...

http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=921

:29:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: Re: now I'm not alone....

Sage said:

I was Lonesome Sage for about 3 months down here! Now I'm thrilled and act like a total idiot :awais: when I see another Pilot!
I'm on a mail list server for Honda ST1100 motorcycle owners. The ST has an almost cult-like following, and yet many long time motorcycle riders have never even heard of them. Since we are kinda "few and far between" we very often post a message to the list server whenever we see another ST somewhere on the road or parked. Now, my wife and I are getting the same way about Pilots whenever we see one on the road. Every night when we each get home from work we blurt out "I saw a "such and such color" Pilot coming home!!"

Tonight I saw a Sage one and she saw a Sandstone one!

:D

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: Re: Re: now I'm not alone....

colorider said:

I'm on a mail list server for Honda ST1100 motorcycle owners. The ST has an almost cult-like following, and yet many long time motorcycle riders have never even heard of them. Since we are kinda "few and far between" we very often post a message to the list server whenever we see another ST somewhere on the road or parked. Now, my wife and I are getting the same way about Pilots whenever we see one on the road. Every night when we each get home from work we blurt out "I saw a "such and such color" Pilot coming home!!"

Tonight I saw a Sage one and she saw a Sandstone one!

Crazy isn't it... I've never acted like this before. In fact I use to feel kinda bumbed if I saw another vehicle like mine. :rolleyes:
Must be a Honda thing! :29:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
It was a bag of mixed emotions for me when I saw another HB Pilot. One side of me was happy to see fellow Piloteer, but at the sametime, I was hoping that I'd be the only one with the color.

I actually ended up right beside him at the lights, but even though I looked at the driver for a few seconds, he didn't blink an eye and never even so much glance at my Pilot or me. It was kind of weird. That part that killed me was that his Pilot was all chromed garnished, the bumper and the side view mirrors. But no other accessories at all. I checked the license plate and it wasn't a dealer car either. Oh, from what I can tell, he had the auto dim rearview mirror.

Oh, well, takes all kinds, I guess.

·
Registered
204 Posts
RipRocK said:
It was a bag of mixed emotions for me when I saw another HB Pilot. One side of me was happy to see fellow Piloteer, but at the sametime, I was hoping that I'd be the only one with the color.

I actually ended up right beside him at the lights, but even though I looked at the driver for a few seconds, he didn't blink an eye and never even so much glance at my Pilot or me. It was kind of weird. That part that killed me was that his Pilot was all chromed garnished, the bumper and the side view mirrors. But no other accessories at all. I checked the license plate and it wasn't a dealer car either. Oh, from what I can tell, he had the auto dim rearview mirror.

Oh, well, takes all kinds, I guess.
Yeah, it happened to me too. On this past Sunday, I was stopped at a traffic light with virtually no other traffic when another Pilot pulled next to mine in the left lane. I turned my head looking at the other driver for a good 30 seconds until the light turned green, but the other driver didn't look my way, I am pretty sure he noticed a Pilot in the next lane.

I told myself that either the other driver didn't own that pilot, may have borrowed from someone, or he was not happy with his purchase.

·
Registered
991 Posts
There just mad because they thought they were the only one with a new Pilot!

70000 and counting!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
gopilot said:
There just mad because they thought they were the only one with a new Pilot!

70000 and counting!
Hey gopilot... how/where are you keeping track of the number made??? Where did you find the number 70000? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
HiFlyer and RipRock, I'm not surprised your fellow "Piloters" didn't acknowledge you. So far, no other Pilot driver I've parked by, or pulled up by at a light, has returned my smile or wave.

More often than not, drivers shy away from making eye contact with other drivers. Everybody's got tunnel vision, intent on their own mission , occupying their own cocoon.

It doesn't have to be a Pilot....on a number of occasions, I've had close encounters with folks driving an exact match of my dark green '98 Civic EX. Only once did the driver indicate he noticed me....actually, it was the driver's buddy who said, "Nice car."

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Maybe we should be looking for the Honda-Pilot.Org sticker on the back window instead. Then we'd be sure to get a :18: or a :awais: or maybe even a :7: ! ;)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
You can count me IN to be one of the waving idiots. Still only 2 in my town and I've been ignored, but I'll keep waving anyway.:18:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
74PILOTMOM, do keep waving. Maybe drivers in beautiful Washington State are friendlier than my neck of the woods.....

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Ziploc said:
74PILOTMOM, do keep waving. Maybe drivers in beautiful Washington State are friendlier than my neck of the woods.....
Hey Ziploc... I'm just down the road from you! I'll wavt at ya if I see you on Route 27!

I, too, have noticed that other Pilot drivers (down Interstate 270 especially) don't want to make eye contact. Oh well...

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
kemosabe said:

Hey Ziploc... I'm just down the road from you! I'll wavt at ya if I see you on Route 27!

I, too, have noticed that other Pilot drivers (down Interstate 270 especially) don't want to make eye contact. Oh well...
Kemosabe...I've already been keeping an eye out for that Sandstone EX-L RES of yours! I do the Route 27-to-270-to-Frederick loop every weekday, so don't be surprised if we encounter each other sometime!!!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I don't know about your neck of the woods from experience, but I don't think these west coasters are too friendly either...at least up north. Everyone here needs Prozac to be happy. Sun deprived I guess. But yes, I'll ride around happily waving at the Pilots regardless of the curmudgeons around here...ESPECIALLY if I see an Org sticker. Maybe even follow the person to find out who they are. Okay, borderline stalker-maybe not.

·
Registered
991 Posts
kemosabe said:

Hey gopilot... how/where are you keeping track of the number made??? Where did you find the number 70000? Thanks!
Just an estimation.. Our Vin table here shows about 67000 on this site and I just saw a Canadian Pilot come in with a vin of 5111.. It is probably over 6000 in Canada sold by now, so I am just guessing around 70000, probably more like 73000 Pilots sold US/Canada..

rob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts