Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My wife and I ordered a pilot EX-L with a nav system (ive seen some postings on the nav and I think Honda has the best nav on the market). Here is my dilemma - Why should I spend about $35,000 for a honda when I can find a used MDX Touring for the same price and have the sunroof, heated seats and mirrors? I cant understand why honda didnt put the sunroof in the truck? Does anyone know if it will be available on the 2004 model? Just a confused buyer. I do love the room and with a 85lb+ Chocolate Lab and a new daughter this would be the ultimate family hauler. Does anyone who lives in a snowy area have any complaints with the pilots 4wd system?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about the 4WD system in the Pilot, so far. I haven't had a chance to test that out yet as we haven't had much snow here in SE Wisconsin.
As far as the sunroof option, your guess is as good as mine. I'm sure it will eventually work its way into the Pilot, but automakers usually do not load up on the extras for a first year model.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Don't count on a sunroof soon.

1) The Odyssey stiull does not have one.

2) The roof lacks the flat space for a factory install.

·
Registered
423 Posts
There is plenty of flat space for a sun roof. I have one which is an aftermarket Webasto 749. Looks and work great. Cost $850to $1000 depending on where you live and the deal you can get.

·
Registered
138 Posts
jswift2000 said:
Hi all. My wife and I ordered a pilot EX-L with a nav system (ive seen some postings on the nav and I think Honda has the best nav on the market). Here is my dilemma - Why should I spend about $35,000 for a honda when I can find a used MDX Touring for the same price and have the sunroof, heated seats and mirrors? I cant understand why honda didnt put the sunroof in the truck? Does anyone know if it will be available on the 2004 model? Just a confused buyer. I do love the room and with a 85lb+ Chocolate Lab and a new daughter this would be the ultimate family hauler. Does anyone who lives in a snowy area have any complaints with the pilots 4wd system?
jswift2000, that's a tough one. If I knew for a fact the MDX was treated well and taken care of by it's previous owner(s) then I would probably go w/ that choice. Otherwise, new Pilot all the way. Honda probably left all that extra stuff off the Pilot so they can continue to sell MDX's.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I live in Central PA and I tried my Pilot out in the snow we had around the beginning of Dec. We had a total of 10 inches and it did great. My previous SUV was a Jeep Cherokee Sport which I could shift into 4WD. I do like that better than the automatic sensing system on the Pilot.

I have found that on the Pilot you need to keep the accelerator depressed just enough to make the 4WD detect a slip when you are turning in the snow.

I was out driving and went through snow drifts that were about 18 inches deep with no problem. I also let the Pilot come to a complete stop in a drift of about 18 inches and started in the normal drive position with no problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts