Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a problem but.... I rarely get to drive the Pilot. I clean, wash, vacuum, detail and make sure it looks good. But, it's my wife that gets the benefit of driving it around with the kids. So, on the weekend if I'm lucky, after all my hard work I get the pleasure of driving it. Maybe I should get a S2000. Really though, at this time (only 4500 miles) no defects.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Oh, and don't forget, you get to bring the car into the dealer for its routine servicing too :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
firstpilot said:
This is not a problem but.... I rarely get to drive the Pilot. I clean, wash, vacuum, detail and make sure it looks good. But, it's my wife that gets the benefit of driving it around with the kids. So, on the weekend if I'm lucky, after all my hard work I get the pleasure of driving it. Maybe I should get a S2000. Really though, at this time (only 4500 miles) no defects.
Hey, my Pilot has the same problem. Sounds like male Pilot owners with wives are susceptible to this problem. I'm going to call my dealer and see if they can't do something about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
DONT get a S2000.......get a 2004 S2200 :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,388 Posts
smurray said:
Hey, my Pilot has the same problem. Sounds like male Pilot owners with wives are susceptible to this problem. I'm going to call my dealer and see if they can't do something about it.
LOL. Yeah, see if the dealer will give you a big, substantial discount on your second Pilot :D Seriously though, on any given day, I'd rather have my wife drive around town with the girls in the Pilot, because of its safetey features, than in our minivan, which is only used now to get me to and from work anyway. Or, in the case of next weekend, it'll be used to help one of my buddies move. There's no way I'll be taking my Pilot for that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Re: Re: Not really a problem

RipRocK said:

LOL. Yeah, see if the dealer will give you a big, substantial discount on your second Pilot :D Seriously though, on any given day, I'd rather have my wife drive around town with the girls in the Pilot, because of its safetey features, than in our minivan, which is only used now to get me to and from work anyway. Or, in the case of next weekend, it'll be used to help one of my buddies move. There's no way I'll be taking my Pilot for that.
Whew! When I read that you were helping a friend move I thought NOOOOO!!!! :13: Not in the Pilot, you could scratch her! Then I read the next sentence.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,388 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Not really a problem

smurray said:
Whew! When I read that you were helping a friend move I thought NOOOOO!!!! :13: Not in the Pilot, you could scratch her! Then I read the next sentence.
Hehehe....among my close friends, 3 are still single....ahhh...to be single again...but I digress, and on average, all of us have been helping at least one of them move at least once a year. It's almost like a ritual now. And since these guys are still single, they don't have too much stuff to move. Heck, one doesn't even bother with a drawer for his clothes. He has a whole bunch of those stackable bins from Ikea for them. The bottom one's filled with smut mags.

He's also a school teacher and what he sometimes does with some of his old and tattered mags is that he'll cut out the pics and paste them on blank sheets of papers in a binder. Then, in class, once he's given the students to do something on their own, he'll sit at his desk with the binder up and he leafs through those pages :2: He cracks me up so much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Re: Re: Not really a problem

smurray said:
Hey, my Pilot has the same problem. Sounds like male Pilot owners with wives are susceptible to this problem. I'm going to call my dealer and see if they can't do something about it.
Yup, I had the same problem. Had to buy my wife a new car in March to get the Pilot back

he he he

:2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,953 Posts
firstpilot said:
This is not a problem but.... I rarely get to drive the Pilot. I clean, wash, vacuum, detail and make sure it looks good. But, it's my wife that gets the benefit of driving it around with the kids. So, on the weekend if I'm lucky, after all my hard work I get the pleasure of driving it. Maybe I should get a S2000. Really though, at this time (only 4500 miles) no defects.
yes my pilot has the same problem....wish Honda would have a fix for this :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
Confession:
Sometimes, I wake my still sleeping wife early in the morning and ask her if she's going anywhere that day. In her groggy state, she cannot think of anything. Then I 'suggest' that I take the Pilot to work that day. Works like a charm.

Maybe I should suggest this to Honda as a TSB or a 'Fix' for this problem.

Not too often, but every other week or so I get to take the Pilot for my short commute.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top