Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First certified honda had for 2 weeks and took back to dealership for repairs, cause it was running weirdly. Turns out it needed$ 1400 in repairs. Really, I talk to GM he said he would make this situation beneficial. Ask if I would like a new 2019 Honda civic sport. I said yes, well its not beneficial turns out my contract is a living nightmare. I put $15000 in to a lease and with all the additional warranty Gap and etc .. my buy out is 21469. This is a dead end lease. Not helpful.

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you bought it CPO, why wasn't it under warranty two weeks after purchase? Did you have to pay the $1,400, or did the dealer eat the cost and do the repairs?

Why would a dealer offer you a Civil Sport to replace a Pilot? How did you put $15,000 into a lease? How did you lease a CPO Pilot? Or are you talking about the Civic?

Aren't all leases "dead end"? You don't keep them after the lease term, which is the point.

What are you hoping to accomplish with this post, besides confusing anyone that reads it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you bought it CPO, why wasn't it under warranty two weeks after purchase? Did you have to pay the $1,400, or did the dealer eat the cost and do the repairs?

Why would a dealer offer you a Civil Sport to replace a Pilot? How did you put $15,000 into a lease? How did you lease a CPO Pilot? Or are you talking about the Civic?

Aren't all leases "dead end"? You don't keep them after the lease term, which is the point.

What are you hoping to accomplish with this post, besides confusing anyone that reads it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay let's clear it up. I financed a 2015 civic certif vehicle. And 2 weeks into vehicle it was heating up and warning lights were signed l. So I returned to dealer was told needed repair of$1400. I spoke with sales manager and he stated how would I like a new civic, which is my current lease. So contract was written. Trade 13, 000 plus a 4 000 to lower cost. And ended up with $609 and I have rent charges of$ 9656 ? With already paid into vehicle $15000. But buy out is$ 21677. And its been 1 year and 6 months .. no explanation .? I

·
Registered
303 Posts
This is a Honda Pilot forum, so it's an odd choice for your post.

That said, I'm not sure what explanation you're looking for. The details of your lease are all there in black and white. You're getting absolutely HOSED on your rent charge, which is essentially interest being paid over the life of the lease. To put it in perspective, a good rent charge on a $42k Honda Pilot is less than 20% of what you're paying in interest on a $25k Civic. Your payment is in luxury car territory. I can only assume your credit is very bad, and that they barely got this done for you.

There's no quick fix for this. You're halfway through the lease. Continue making your payments for the next 18 months until the lease ends, turn in the car, and make better choices next time.

I can only hope this post is a troll, because it's nauseating to think that anyone would pay that kind of money factor on a lease. And on top of that, you paid $920 for a service contract on a 3 year lease? SMH...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts