Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Not all Piloteers (at least in the Metro Area) are nice Piloteers

3836 32
Maybe I really am crazy! But each time I see a Pilot it catches my eye. I mean that fair right, I have always bought the used cars, so this is my first New New car. Well for me each time I see a Pilot it is almost like playing punch buggy, I call out the color and "Pilot".

Well the other day I am driving back from horse country (Middleburg, VA) and I end up driving up behind another Pilot. Wow whats the chance?? When we came to the stop light I was turning left and they were going straight so I ended up next to them, it was a couple. So I rolled down the passenger window, they didn't and mouthed, "NICE CAR", they rolled down their window and I repeated myself. The light turned green and they drove by looking at me like I was a "FREAK". How disappointing
! I have to admit at least if I leave a Honda-Pilot.org business card it will be anonymous.. :(
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Cajun Pilot said:
We have also seen people driving Pilots who seem aloof. My take is this: some of these people buy new cars every year or so, choosing their model by which way the wind blows. They are not "avid" Pilot owners, and do not see it as a particularly noteworthy vehicle. Unlike many of the members here, they have no loyalty to Honda. They may trade their Pilot when the latest SUV catches their eye.

BTW, this is not our first brand new vehicle, but it is our first SUV and we are proud owners. :4:
Next time I'm in Louisiana I'll wave, honk my horn, and flash my lights.

· Registered
1,980 Posts
Cajun Pilot said:
We have also seen people driving Pilots who seem aloof. My take is this: some of these people buy new cars every year or so, choosing their model by which way the wind blows. They are not "avid" Pilot owners, and do not see it as a particularly noteworthy vehicle. Unlike many of the members here, they have no loyalty to Honda. They may trade their Pilot when the latest SUV catches their eye.

BTW, this is not our first brand new vehicle, but it is our first SUV and we are proud owners. :4:
I think you're exactly right. I've just upgraded from a 94 civic VX hatchback (with no clock!) and an '88 Buick fully loaded Park Avenue that was FREE. You all can better understand my excitement and pride in Pilot ownership ;) This is the best car i've ever owned, and never thought I'd get one. I just swayed one person on the fence between Highlander and Pilot (they LOVE it), and currently working on my second and third recruits. I know they'll wave at me :) And NO, Mr. Combs, I'm not going to cry about it if they don't wave. Just hoping someone out there shared my enthusiasm.:D

· Registered
2,369 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:
I remember your story- then the exact same thing happened to me, with an IDENTICAL SS PILOT, actually I believe it was the one that was waiting to be delivered right after mine in the showroom. It ended up directly in front of me, then I ended up following it through through 3 towns without a glance. It's really cool to see what you look like from all angles while moving.
Gotta love it. Kinda like an out of body experience, right? I know exactly what you're saying.
They never made eye contact, but I gave them a quick wave as I passed them anyway. Can't wait for the H-P.org license plate frame, I'm sure people will show up here with that constant advertisement on the roads. Hopefully the friendly ones :D
Has it been decided which type of frame will be used? I'm still hoping for the chrome one, just as long as it doesn't pit or rust.

· Registered
196 Posts
DC Drivers have issues

Like most of you, I have also had the dorky urge to flash, wave and otherwise acknowledge the other Pilot drivers (as opposed to 'Piloteers') I see. Usually they don't even notice me. It is my experience that DC area drivers are the worst, rudest, most self absorbed drivers I've ever seen, so it doesn't surprise me that you've been dissed by Pilot drivers around here. I got love in my Jetta. I guess it's a VW thing. Honda doesn't have that same culture around it ( although I bet Element owners greet each other). Oh well. We got each other here at hondapilot.org.

· Registered
465 Posts
I do a lot of the wave/oops/run fingers through hair. So I look cool when they don't wave back.:D

· Registered
2,369 Posts
catbert said:
I do a lot of the wave/oops/run fingers through hair. So I look cool when they don't wave back.:D
LOL! Kinda like the trick you played on your highschool buddies in which you fake a highfive to them and when they went for it, you ran hand over your hair. I know, we were a very simple bunch...still are :2:

· Registered
1,980 Posts
catbert said:
I usually do the hands on the top of the steering wheel 4 finger wave, then feel like a fool, so I act like I was tapping to the music ;) That's my usual "diss" recovery. I'm fooling no one, but I'm sure no one's looking anyway.

· Registered
11,049 Posts
On the way home in a thunderstorm yesterday, on Route 7 in Tysons Corner, Virginia, I ended up behind two black Pilots that were side-by-side. As we moved along, I tried to get a reaction, but they were the usual stuck up D.C. driver types.

· Registered
2,168 Posts
jay said:
On the way home in a thunderstorm yesterday, on Route 7 in Tysons Corner, Virginia, I ended up behind two black Pilots that were side-by-side. As we moved along, I tried to get a reaction, but they were the usual stuck up D.C. driver types.
Maybe they were just focused on trying to drive safely through the thunderstorm.

· Registered
664 Posts
It's the unwritten Pilot code to wave, isn't it?

Heck I have my kids play the count the Pilots game, it's still a long game these days. Of course they lose points for incorrectly identifying MDX and Sorrento's as Pilots!

· Registered
509 Posts
banningjr said:
It's the unwritten Pilot code to wave, isn't it?

Heck I have my kids play the count the Pilots game, it's still a long game these days. Of course they lose points for incorrectly identifying MDX and Sorrento's as Pilots!
Actually, Leo is a "flasher"!

· Registered
11,049 Posts
I was running errands earlier today, when I heard a horn, turned around, and the guy in the next lane in a red Prelude was motioning to me to roll down a window. He asked if I use this site, and I yelled out yes, then traffic started moving again. It turns out it was Preludetundra in his red Prelude who recognized my license plate from the picture in my posts. It was great to see someone from the board in person! :awais:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.