Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Further to my grumblings about unwanted guests in the Pilot. Recent rattling noises in the headliner (like acorns rolling around) were heard during stopping, cornering etc. Took part of the headliner down and yup, acorns inside. Not one or two but 10 or so.

It looks like it's a chipmunk (got millions around here) not the mouse I originally thought. Those things are fairly big, not to mention the knapsack he must be carrying to load in those nuts. Anyone know where an opening that large would be.
I'm thinking the front window (roof) pillars from under the hood????

Probably find a racoon next.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Wow

I am amaised that there is any passage between the interior and exterior.
I have had such trouble finding places to run wires in the Pilot.

Since you had teh headliner down, can you fist a wire from abouve the roof down to the engine bay? Where does it come out?

If that is the path, I would give a squirt of expanding faom insulation down each "A" pillar from the top. That wil stop that path.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MOuse

Well, I didn't have the whole liner down. Only along the side above the windows. But yes there is lots of room up there. A number of wire bundles run through there. I would suggest to anyone who likes to tinker to get the service manual. You can do it on-line or other ways. In the owners manual there is reference to buying it.
I found it very well done, shows everything you need to tinker, and includes "how to" stuff when taking things apart. Importantly it describes any special tools needed.
You can even take the tranny apart.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I have the service manual

But it does not go into detail on body construction the way you can see in person.
I still say a shot of expanding foam insulation should fill any voids.
I wil have to look at the wiring harness routs to see where Opening arte.

One caution. The expanding foam is generaly PERMANENT on anything it touches. Use a drop cloath, and use as little as posible, as it does EXPAND! (ok, that was two cautions)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Re: I have the service manual

N_Jay said:
But it does not go into detail on body construction the way you can see in person.
I still say a shot of expanding foam insulation should fill any voids.
I wil have to look at the wiring harness routs to see where Opening arte.

One caution. The expanding foam is generaly PERMANENT on anything it touches. Use a drop cloath, and use as little as posible, as it does EXPAND! (ok, that was two cautions)
Except hands, but it does take about a week to get it all off. Yes, personal experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts