Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....we got our first ding! :3: dont know how or where. my mom pointed it out today. its a small ding on the driver's side rear door. doesnt seem to be any paint damage, just indented about 2 or 3 mm. no creasing either. its only 2 months old with 1050 miles on it. :rolleyes:

any suggestions on where to get it fixed and how much it might cost ? :(

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Arrrrgh!!! Stories like that make me mad too. iivtecracerii, sorry to hear about your ding there. Whether it's the first or the tenth, it's never pleasant. I read often about how those paintless dent repair places do a good job with small damages like that. So, you might wanna check out some of the shops in your town. There are quite a few threads about it over at the X site. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
We had our Pilot for about a month with about 2000 miles on it. Some guy hit my wife at work leaving a parking lot. Not only did this guy ruin my new car, he decided to keep on driving. I would have chased the guy. The wife called the cops and filed a hit and run report. $1300+ dollars of damage.

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
fobin said:
We had our Pilot for about a month with about 2000 miles on it. Some guy hit my wife at work leaving a parking lot. Not only did this guy ruin my new car, he decided to keep on driving. I would have chased the guy. The wife called the cops and filed a hit and run report. $1300+ dollars of damage.
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That just get's my goat! I can't stand all those inconsiderate people out there. Dings, dents, sure they're going to happen, but when someone does it and then refuses to take responsibility for it kill me.

I know, I know, its just a car, a material possession, but it's MY car, MY $30K+ investment. I wouldn't accept someone walking by my house and throwing paint on it, and I don't accept this.

Serenity now, serenity now.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
fobin said:
Holy smokes, fobin. That truly sucks!!! Just like smurray said, stuff happens, but when people don't own up to it or take responsibility for it is when it really makes my blood boil.

Hope you get your Pilot back soon!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Already repaired and back. The guy cut me a $270.00 dollar break by not replacing the headlight. There is a scrape on it that you need a magnifying glass to see, but I made sure the adjuster saw it. I have to bring it back for a day because they painted the door to blend it in. When the moulding was reinstalled it is loose and makes this horrible slapping sound when shutting the door, not the nice solid sound that was there before. This is a lease, but getting the damage still is horrible. I had just freaked out about a ding in the door from another fine human being slamming there door into mine in a parking lot. I cannot see myself swinging open a door and whacking another car hard enough to chip paint. Oh well, I guess it is christened and I don't have to sweat all the little nicks that are going to be there eventually

·
Registered
964 Posts
fobin said:
Already repaired and back. The guy cut me a $270.00 dollar break by not replacing the headlight. There is a scrape on it that you need a magnifying glass to see, but I made sure the adjuster saw it. I have to bring it back for a day because they painted the door to blend it in. When the moulding was reinstalled it is loose and makes this horrible slapping sound when shutting the door, not the nice solid sound that was there before. This is a lease, but getting the damage still is horrible. I had just freaked out about a ding in the door from another fine human being slamming there door into mine in a parking lot. I cannot see myself swinging open a door and whacking another car hard enough to chip paint. Oh well, I guess it is christened and I don't have to sweat all the little nicks that are going to be there eventually
This may be an urban legend, at least it starts off as one but...
I once knew a guy who's dad worked at a construction site. One of the workers drove up one day in a brand spanking new Dodge truck. The guy pulled in to the construction site and parked in the dirt. He walked over to a pile of bricks and picked one up. He then walked to the side of his new truck and threw that brick as hard as he could right into the door and left a big old dent.
He said, "Now I don't have to worry about the first dent."
I don't know if I believe that but if it's true that guy had some big cojones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts