Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone completed this job.. i do see people removing the plenum, but i can remove my valve covers with it in place, i don't take shortcuts but i also hate excessive work and spending extra money thats not needed...

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Welcome to the forums yes many of us has completed these type of jobs so what exactly are you trying to accomplish here and why ?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have not done the job on a Pilot but have done valve stem seals on other vehicles. I would say that the front side seals will be easy but the seals on the bank closest to the firewall are going to be tough. Especially the exhaust seals. The issue I see is being able to get the spring compressor tool on the valves given the space available.

Are you thinking valve stem seals because it is smoking?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have not done the job on a Pilot but have done valve stem seals on other vehicles. I would say that the front side seals will be easy but the seals on the bank closest to the firewall are going to be tough. Especially the exhaust seals. The issue I see is being able to get the spring compressor tool on the valves given the space available.

Are you thinking valve stem seals because it is smoking?
yup, smokes on cold start and if its been idling for about 2-5 mins, haven't pulled plugs yet to see which cylinder/s is getting oil..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts