Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped my old motor out with a "newer" motor that doesn't have VCM. I had to use original harness since the motor was cut free from its donor. With that being said, now that i have the motor swapped and running, my pilot is stuck in limp mode presumably from the VCM plug not having a home. Does anyone know what the resistance of the VCM is to possibly make a dummy switch to trick the computer? I have searched high and low and only found the plugs that were made for the oil pressure sensor. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I swapped my old motor out with a "newer" motor that doesn't have VCM. I had to use original harness since the motor was cut free from its donor. With that being said, now that i have the motor swapped and running, my pilot is stuck in limp mode presumably from the VCM plug not having a home. Does anyone know what the resistance of the VCM is to possibly make a dummy switch to trick the computer? I have searched high and low and only found the plugs that were made for the oil pressure sensor. Thanks in advance!
back up a little... what year did you get the newer motor from? and what was the year you dumped it in ?

Anything past 09 has the VCM so i take it you installed a Gen 1 motor into a gen 2 pilot ? Look under some of the stickies for VCM ..sounds like you need an ECM tune to delete the VCM issue all together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts