Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let me add a little more. It is a 2017 pilot touring with 28000 miles. It sounds like something is rubbing or maybe the sound a shock absorber makes when being compressed. I can only here it at low speeds such as parking. It doesn’t affect the steering or performance of the car. I only drive it maybe once a month when I have the weekend off and my wife seems oblivious to it. I don’t think it was that noisy when we bought it. Trying to decide on taking it to dealership to get it looked at or not. My dealership charges 100.00 if they find nothing wrong. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I don't know if it will help but on my Sequoia and my Sonata i would hear a like a rubber squeak groan also very low speed like parking spaces. Tracked it to the bushing where column goes through firewall. I used plain silicone grease (Sil Glyde) as it doesn't swell the rubber. Q-tip and silicone where the bushing touches column and spin the wheel, do outside in engine compartment if possible also. Got rid of noise on both. I think Sequoia needed a touch up after about 5 years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Figured it out!!!! Some how there was a part number sticker that dropped down and was rubbing up against the steering wheel. All is quit now. Glad it was not something more serious. Just had to pop the top cover off and pulled it out with needle nose pliers.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts