Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has had success reducing the road/wind noise in their 2011 Honda Pilot? Specifically, does undercoating in the wheel wells help? Wind screen items around windows or the sunroof? Sound proofing material in floors or doors? As a 70 year old with hearing issues I'm looking for ideas ;-)

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you mean window rain guards when you say wind screens....these will slightly increase wind noise. Tires can also be a significant cause of noise.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Yea, you can install a Dynamat type of material in the doors, under the carpet, etc. Get quieter tires. I don't know about undercoating but the OEMs are putting some sort of turf/carpet type material on wheel well liners to dampen noise, I'm assuming that helps too. Unfortunately, the Pilot has never been the quietest vehicle and anything you are doing is putting lipstick on a pig.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Yea, you can install a Dynamat type of material in the doors, under the carpet, etc.
Window wrap sold at home improvement stores is supposedly the same stuff, a sticky backed neoprene membrane.

Reactions: cintocrunch

·
Registered
92 Posts
I installed a Russian version of dynamat in the front doors. Very noticeable reduction in noise... But not enough. Worth it!

I need more noise reduction.

I suspect that the old rubber seals may be letting in more wind noise.

Tires can make a big difference in road noise.
I recommend Tire Rack for reviews of tires, including perceived noise.
I'm running Michelin Defenders, they are good.

On long road trips I use ear plugs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts