Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic = noise

I have notice a noise on the engine idling on the front passenger side, it is more amplified in the garage. It gets a little bit loader with the A/C turned ON. I have also notice after driving the SUV for a couple of miles the noise almost disappears. I took it to the dealership and of course the noise is very low and they said that is normal. I also noticed the noise is not as pronounced as before, I am assuming the initial gas fill up was very low quality gas and it is improving as it uses better gas (89 octaine) or probably it is getting towards the breakin period.

Have anybody experienced this?

BTW, I really love my PILOT!

:3:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Vegasdude, I think that may be the electronic fuel pump metering fuel. you hear it on idle, only, because one, engine noise is low on idle, and two, fuel needs are lower so the fuel pump is "pulsing" fuel through the lines rather than a more constant flow.

My guess anyway.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
919 Posts
It could also be belt noise. I would pop the hood with the engine running to see if you can locate it by ear. It could be as simple as a burr where the belt ends are connected.

Chris

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Sounds normal to me. My '98 Accord was the same way. Somewhat noisy ticking sound (like a bad valve lifter in a '64 Pontiac) but smooth as silk after it's up to operating temp. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Noise on Idle Fixed

Honda Invoice:

614125 IDLER PULLEY - REPLACED

===============

This fixed it! My Pilot now is noise free during idle........very :2:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Vegasdude,

Glad to hear it's fixed. I'm sure others who encounter this will appreciate that you posted the fix for it. Thanks!

As for the quiet during idle...if only I could say the same about my kids! Come to think of it, I'm not sure they have ever been at idle. Hmmm.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts