Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rattle coming from the left front area under dash. Sounds like coming from outside vehicle. It sounds like a loose brake pad clip, but they seem ok. The noise goes away if I touch the brakes. 2019 Elite with 280 miles. I'll get it checked out but wondered if anyone else has heard this or knows what it may be.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a similar sound on my 2019 EXL. The service guy said he drove several 19s on their lot and heard the same noise. They are calling it "characteristic of the vehicle" and say nothing is wrong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have rattle sound coming from doors (window buttons area) and dash (center speaker and under steering).. at the dealership now. Tech drove with me and acknowledged that he hears the sounds too, so that's good.. most of the time they say we can't reproduce the issue.. now let's see if he fixes the rattles..

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have rattle sound coming from doors (window buttons area) and dash (center speaker and under steering).. at the dealership now. Tech drove with me and acknowledged that he hears the sounds too, so that's good.. most of the time they say we can't reproduce the issue.. now let's see if he fixes the rattles..

PilotRaj, did dealer fix the problem? If yes, what did he do? I'm starting to hear a rattle sound coming somewhere in the dash center speaker area..

·
Registered
9 Posts
PilotRaj, did dealer fix the problem? If yes, what did he do? I'm starting to hear a rattle sound coming somewhere in the dash center speaker area..
Hi.. the dealer thought sound was from those speaker brackets( you can pop it open easily). So they used some foam tape. Sound reduced, but still there. I stopped by the dealership when I was in the area for this and another problem (sloshing sound from gas tank when full) and they said that Honda rep would be on site Wednesday and they arranged an appointment with him. Let's see how it goes. I will update here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2019 Elite with 8k also makes similar noise. It is most noticeable when the car glides gently under 45 mph and looks like it comes from a moving part. The frequency appears changing as speed changes. I asked my dealer to check if the brake pads are rubbing. They said that pads are fine. Will bring up the issue again during next service visit if it does not go away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts