Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have noise coming from the driver's seat as you brake or accelerate ? Its a squek-type noise, very uncomfortable and unacceptable in a new and $30k vehicle !!!

Please help !!

·
Registered
191 Posts
If the seat actually shifts, it is a known issue and you should take it to your dealer to be fixed. Had mine done as well before any TSB was actually sent out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm not sure if my seat actually shifts but I sometimes feel and hear a click in the seat on turns. It does not happen all the time...of course! Do I fall into the catagory of a seat problem. Is anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for the info Tim... my VIN number is NOT in the range of the TSB which just confuses me more. Do I have a problem or is it my imagination? When I go in for service I will have it checked. I read about the fix right after I got the Pilot and much thanks to the wonderful info put out on this board! Excellent job to all that post and share!:p

Which leads me to my next question.....
What do other Pilot owners do when they read about a TSB and think they may have the same problem but your Pilot is not in the VIN range of the TSB?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have not been in the vin range for either the Seat TSB or the Strut TSB, I did however have both of these issues (along with the H2O pump, lucky me). My dealer took care of both no questions asked.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks !

For all your responses. Im out of the drivers seat TSB range, but definitely I have an annoying problem that looks like the one throroughly described by one of the members - great job by the way !!
Have an appt. for Monday at the dealer...lets see what the come up with.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last Two Episodes

Went to the dealer last Monday to get it fixed. Received the car and was satisfied, no noise, unfortunately after 5 min driving, noise was back but even worst. 1st tiem he just cleaned and realigned the plastic.
Called again and was told to bring it in today as there was a Honda rep on the premises. Great guy, very customer oriented, he requested a mechanic after finding the noise very aggravating. Same mechanic that had worked before and said it was plastic against plastic that was creating the noise - removed the side plastic and retested, noise was gone...now Im sure its the outer plastic scrubbing againsts the interior part (will test drive this again in the future). Rep requested to check for wear/rub marks. None were found so the plastic was isolated with some 3M foamy adhesive, reassembled and everything seemed OK, only that after a few miles there it came again.
Im going to do one of two, or go back again and have him install a really thick piece of 3M together with a piece foam, or perhaps do it myself using a custom cut piece of foam to wrap around the whole plastic cover, as it seems that somehow with the weight its coming back, maybe because its damaging the piece of 3M isolating tape.
Any inputs would be greatly appreciated !

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Again, I would appreciate inputs regarding a squeak type noise...see previous thread.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts