Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight when I started the Pilot a noise like a fan hitting something started to come from the center console. We removed everything inside to make sure nothing was bouncing around. It stops after several minutes but starts again when the car is started again. Definitely coming from below the storage bin - around where the rear blowers are but they were off. We started those and the noise did not change. The noise is a steady "rattle" or hitting sound. We never use the rear heater/AC as it is just the two of us.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After running the rear fan for a while the noise seemed to stop. Since we never use the rear heater/AC blower...??? And has not reappeared - so far. It was definitely inside the vehicle and not underneath. Very strange...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have similar issues with my center console, strange noise once you put the ignition in ON or when the engine is running. The noise stop after a while. I keep coming up every now and then. Any idea. I check under but there is nothing probably within the driveshaft. The noise is rightly coming from the center console.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this noise too. I have a 2014 Pilot with 70K miles. This is my 2nd Honda from Accord. Not very happy with it after 5 years of use. It's like China made parts falling apart noise.
Not sure what it is. I'm thinking of Trading it in for a new one other than Honda Cars.

·
Registered
491 Posts
There are other threads on here about noise coming from center console after startup. It could likely be one of the small motors for the rear climate system.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2011, with the same noise. It is the rear air, blend door motor. Even with the rear air off, It still made the noise. I finally took it to the dealer, and they replaced both blend door motors for the rear air in the console.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 09 Pilot, today when driving I hear a noise coming from the console when the ac is on, i turn it off and I do not hear it. Any solutions?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts