Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having this problem since 16th August 2002. I have already 4,500 miles on this wonderful PILOT. However, I have some frustration too. I hear vibration near Drivers side VENT and Glove box (something colliding). This happens only on rough road. Took it to dealer, service guy test drove it on a smooth road (they do it only on smooth road) and found nothing. Do you guys have similar problems? or any fix?

Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This probably wont really help you all that much.. but my friend's Pilot had this problem about a month ago.. it rattled for a bit until he got pissed off and pounded on the dash right above the vent a couple of times.. I asked him a few weeks after if the sound had come back and he said it was fine after the "beating".. however, I think a better solution is to take it back to the dealer and take a technician with you on a rough-road ride..

·
Registered
82 Posts
me too

Mine has the exact same thing... Haven't had it to the dealer yet...
I'm sure it will be a tough one to get fixed for good...

After about my fifth trip to the dealer and still having the sound I'll take my frustration out on the dashboard

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
What's a NOICE !!!

PrG ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rattling noice either from vent or tweeter

I think it's a rattling noice emanating from either vent or tweeter. Service Manager drove it yesterday on a rough road and he heard same noice. He had noticed same noice on another Pilot. He does not want to tear down dash and fix such problems. Do you have any suggestions?

·
Registered
82 Posts
If your dealer doesn't think it's worth his time:

1. Take it to another dealer. Honda will pay the dealer good $ for repair work like this.

2. Call Honda and report the dealer who won't fix it, and ask for a recommendation of a dealer that cares about Honda's product.

3. Call the better business bureau and see if they can help.

4. Post the dealer's name here so we can all steer clear of them. Then make sure the dealer knows you're spreading your story of the low quality of service they are providing to the buying public.

That should be good for a start!!!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I noticed the same problem after only a few months - in my case, it was intermittent. Two different service visits and the service advisor said they couldn't reproduce the problem.

Problem is still there, but I'll wait for a few other issues before takin' it in.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ticking/rattling/clinging/... revisited

I had rattling issue from day 1. Took my beautiful PILOT to the dealer for rattling fix. I had reported this problem to HONDA at CA and they in turn gathered info from two service dealers where I had taken for a permanent fix. Those dealers said the problem is 'NORMAL' under normal driving condition. In other words, these PILOTS have to be driven only on SMOOOOOOTH roads but not on rough/bumpy roads. Is it possible to drive only on highways? I am frustrated because this is my 6th visit to dealers. Would someone highlight a LEMON LAW please.

I have another rattle noise near tweeter on the drivers side dash board. It would take 2-3 days for repair. What do you think?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts