Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

No Voltage to rear driver side PW Switch, Honda Pilot 2007

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  plplplpl 
#1 ·
The rear drivers side window doesn't operate. Checking the connector to the switch and some experimentation, I determined no 12V to the connector, but the controlled ground (pin 4) operates correctly as verified by turning the driver power window "lock" switch on and off. The fuse for the rear window provides power to the LED's in the drivers switch, and the LED's work when the fuse is plugged in, so voltage is getting to that switch.

All of the other 3 power windows work.

If I hot wire 12V to the window switch CABLE for the driver/rear window, the power window operates correctly, so the problem is that the 12V to the power window connector for the driver/rear window isn't getting the 12V.

Checking the schematics, the 12V for this window goes from the fuse to the window switch and also the Power Window Control Unit (inside driver's door) and the Driver's Door Multiplex Control Unit. Because the drivers switch LED's operate correctly, the Multiplex Control Unit is getting the voltage. Probably the same for the other module since everything else works AFAIK.

This seems to be a wiring problem. I need to know WHERE the 12V line splits. Assuming that there is no problem with the cables themselves, the junction must occur at some connector. But where?

See less See more
#2 ·
My first guess is that the wire broke in the rubber boot between the driver door and the chassis. Try wiggling that area to confirm if that is the location of the wire break.

#3 ·
Check driver rear door, not driver door, for the break.

#4 ·
The voltage is getting into the driver door because the driver's master switch has the voltage. So if the junction is inside the door, I'd have to disassemble the door panel to get inside. I did try wiggling the boot, but no joy. I might take the door panel out to look inside if I knew where the junction of the 3 runs from the fuse are located. Anything I disassemble runs the risk of my not being able to get things put back together.

#5 ·
I did wiggle the boot for the rear driver-side door. When I hot-wired the switch cable, I made a small opening in the wire insulation just before it goes into the connector, and then connected the switch to the cable. I ran the 12V from the battery to the place where I remove the wire insulation. The window then operated correctly including having the LED in the switch illuminated. So I ruled out a bad connection to the connector. If I only knew where the junction for the door switch run is located, I'd be inclined to do some disassembly.

#6 ·
A guess for where the 3 run junction is would be the passenger front kick plate fuse assembly. I cannot find anything to show what the pin-outs are for that assembly. The assembly has a number of connectors each with a bunch of wires. Maybe that's where the problem is, but I would need information about the pin-outs for the assembly.

#7 ·
See if you can find the link to the factory service manual in the sticky section. Hopefully there is a wiring diagram with junction locations listed there.

#8 ·

Here’s the link.

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.