Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked up our 2019 AWD EX-L just 11 days ago with a dealership-installed towing package. Tonight we tried towing our camper for the first time only to find that the brake lights and turn signals do not work. Running lights work fine. I grabbed a 7-pin tester to see if it was the trailer or the Pilot and, unfortunately, it's the Pilot. The brake controller works. The 12v auxiliary works. The running lights work. Only the running lights are functional.

I checked the 3 fuses in the wiring harness at the back and tried reseating the two relays there. I checked the 30 amp fuse up in the engine bay, too. Can't figure out what the problem is. Of course the dealership service center was closed by the time I realized this tonight so I won't be able to contact them until tomorrow morning but figured I'd check here to see if anybody has any ideas. I saw a thread from a few years ago but that was for the previous generation Pilot and the OP never followed up with their eventual outcome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got back from the Honda dealership. The harness had a bad control module. They replaced it and the problem is now fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts