Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it really true there are no TSBs yet issued by Honda for the Pilot or is it just that no one has obtained and posted one yet? Although there have not been a lot of serious problems yet, I would think things like the robotic weld on the front struts would have triggered a TSB from Honda. Maybe not---Oh well.:20:

·
Registered
152 Posts
How do you know it was a robotic weld that cause the noise?

BTW...I have not really heard any noise like you guys have described. I have heard some noises that sound like loose metal under the car...sounds like a loose heat shield or something...

·
Registered
3 Posts
TSB

There is a TSB that was released on Aug. 13th. (#02-4500). It addresses a fix for the 'creaking or ticking noise coming from the dashboard or front strut.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Is there a place on the Honda website that lists TSBs?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
They should be listed when you register your PILOT on the HONDA LINK webpage ... I'll check when I get home tonight.

PrG

·
Registered
900 Posts
PrG said:
They should be listed when you register your PILOT on the HONDA LINK webpage ... I'll check when I get home tonight.
PrG
I checked OwnerLink yesterday... there are no "recalls" which is i think what they called them there.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Re: TSB

jfree: I believe you sent me a pm regarding this issue as well. Can someone please let me know what does one do after a TSB has been issued. What is a TSB (tech service bulletin - maybe ?) ?

Do we take our cars into the dealership and tell them that a TSB has been issued so please fix it ?

jfree703 said:
There is a TSB that was released on Aug. 13th. (#02-4500). It addresses a fix for the 'creaking or ticking noise coming from the dashboard or front strut.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
It's not a recall, but a reference for mechanics. We'll never see the service bulletins, but it tells the mechanics what the problem is and how to correct it. So, only if you're having this specific problem then take you vehicle in. If there was a TSB issued, you now know that you won't have to stand there using sign language and body contortions to explain to the service advisor what the problem is.

PrG

·
Registered
152 Posts
Need to contact dealer

I just got off the phone with Honda and they say that one needs to contact the dealer directly for TSB info...

BTW, there is only one so far...(#02-4500)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Unfortunately, this TSB has yet to appear anywhere on the internet, even on the websites that list TSBs.

Can anyone get a copy and post it here?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Not a TSB, but

Complaint found on: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/

ODI ID: 764260 Make: HONDA Model: HONDA Year: 2003

Incident: No
Fire: No
Number of Injuries: 0
Date of Failure: 07/10/2002
Component: VISUAL SYSTEMS:GLASS:WINDOW:REAR-VIEW BACKLIGHT
Summary: IF YOU OPEN THE REAR WINDOW(S) AT ANY SPEED ABOVE 40MPH THERE IS A THUMPING SOUND IN THE VEHICLE, MY SISTER COULD NOT TAKE THIS NOISE AT 40MPH AS THE SPEED INCREASES TO 55MPH ( LEGAL CITY HIGHWAY SPEED) THE SOUND INCREASES AND PAIN OCCURS. THE HONDA MECHANIC EXPERIENCED STRONG DISCOMFORT AT THIS SPEED. IF YOU GO TO THE LEGAL RURAL SPEED LIMIT 65 MPH, THE PAIN BECOMES IN MY CASE SEVER . IF SOME OPENS THE REAR WINDOW AT THAT SPEED IN MY CASE IT WILL CAUSE ME MAJOR PROBLEMS. FIRST I WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO HEAR AN EMERGENCY VEHICLE TO YIELD. I WOULD BE BUSY TRYING TO COPE WITH THE PAIN AND MAY LOSE CONTROL OF MY CAR. PEOPLE HAVING DOGS IN THEIR VEHICLE AND LEAVING THE BACK WINDOW OPEN WILL EXPERIENCE THIS PROBLEM. I WAS NEVER TOLD OF THE PROBLEM BEFORE BUYING THE VEHICLE AND THIS IS MY FIRST SUV OR ANYTHING LARGER THAN A 2DR COUPE PASSENGER VEHICLE. I WOULD NOT HAVE PURCHASED THIS VEHICLE IF I KNEW THIS FIRST. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANK YOU. *AK

·
Registered
152 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
We should have maybe a seperate forum or section for TSBs?

I'd be glad to send or post in all the Pilot TSBs. This I can do :)
Good, because I cannot get the local dealer to do it. Can you post all the ones you have thus far???

·
Registered
273 Posts
Re: Not a TSB, but

As noted here first in H-P.ORG back in June! ;)

http://honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137

autobahn said:
Complaint found on: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/

ODI ID: 764260 Make: HONDA Model: HONDA Year: 2003

Incident: No
Fire: No
Number of Injuries: 0
Date of Failure: 07/10/2002
Component: VISUAL SYSTEMS:GLASS:WINDOW:REAR-VIEW BACKLIGHT
Summary: IF YOU OPEN THE REAR WINDOW(S) AT ANY SPEED ABOVE 40MPH THERE IS A THUMPING SOUND IN THE VEHICLE, MY SISTER COULD NOT TAKE THIS NOISE AT 40MPH AS THE SPEED INCREASES TO 55MPH ( LEGAL CITY HIGHWAY SPEED) THE SOUND INCREASES AND PAIN OCCURS. THE HONDA MECHANIC EXPERIENCED STRONG DISCOMFORT AT THIS SPEED. IF YOU GO TO THE LEGAL RURAL SPEED LIMIT 65 MPH, THE PAIN BECOMES IN MY CASE SEVER . IF SOME OPENS THE REAR WINDOW AT THAT SPEED IN MY CASE IT WILL CAUSE ME MAJOR PROBLEMS. FIRST I WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO HEAR AN EMERGENCY VEHICLE TO YIELD. I WOULD BE BUSY TRYING TO COPE WITH THE PAIN AND MAY LOSE CONTROL OF MY CAR. PEOPLE HAVING DOGS IN THEIR VEHICLE AND LEAVING THE BACK WINDOW OPEN WILL EXPERIENCE THIS PROBLEM. I WAS NEVER TOLD OF THE PROBLEM BEFORE BUYING THE VEHICLE AND THIS IS MY FIRST SUV OR ANYTHING LARGER THAN A 2DR COUPE PASSENGER VEHICLE. I WOULD NOT HAVE PURCHASED THIS VEHICLE IF I KNEW THIS FIRST. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANK YOU. *AK

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: TSB

jfree703 said:
With all the problems being reported I have always been surprised the no TSB are listed on the website.

Since you seem to be aware of #02-4500, how can I/we obtain this TSB, and post it in the TSB forum?

Secondly, I am speculating that there is a #01-xxxx. Is that correct too?

-T

·
Registered
481 Posts
If you type in 02-4500 on the nhtsa web site, it comes up for a GMC. Are we sure that id number is correct?

·
Registered
797 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Not a TSB, but

autobahn, no intent here to call you out on this - just pointing out that we were discussing the issue here long before the NHTSA was made aware of it. Going for the pride-in-our forum thing.

FWIW and IMHO, I've always found your content on this forum to be stellar!!! ;) I'm just jealous that you get to bomb around in *your* at 100+mph "across the pond." :p

autobahn said:

I know, I know. Figured I would get blasted for putting that here. Really wanted to point out that some one has reported it to the NHTSA. An option for others if they are having safety problems.

·
Registered
797 Posts
No problem pjl56. Enjoy the forums! Has anyone reported problems with the transmission yet? Have not seen a forum on it although somewhere someone referred jokingly to a virus? Sometimes the gradelogic seems to get fooled on a shallow downhill holding steady at 60MPH. Kind of jerks as it hunts for a gear. Feel it mainly on the gas pedal. Anyone else seen this? Would be happy to start a new thread on this one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts