Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon to the whole community. I want to start by admitting that I did something very stupid. I watched a youtube video on how I can turn the VSA light off in my 2006 Honda Pilot. In the video the guy showed sticking a paper clip in the OBD port and and using a ground wire to ground the paper clip to the body of the car and then to turn the ignition and wait for the ABS light to go off and press the VSA button should re-set it. I followed all of his steps but I placed the paper clip in the wrong port on the OBD unit. When I tried to use the ground wire as soon as I touched the body of the car I saw a spark. Now the car will not start when I turn the key. When I try to engage the engine, the car is trying to start up but it does not want to turn on. I checked all the fuses in all the fuse boxes and the fuses are all good. Has anyone else had a similar issue? I am really in need of help guys. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Did I fry the computer? Thank you.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Not sure why it won't start, but, if somehow the immobilizer chip circuit from the key is not working, it will crank, and not start

I dunno if that's even close to what's up on yours though.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
Recheck your fuses with a multimeter, because you can't always eyeball a blown fuse.

Start with the #4 15 amp fuse on the passenger side under the hood. :)

When you try jumping pins again, keep in mind that you're most likely looking at it upside down and backwards. This should help:

Materials:
-Paper clip or jumper wire.
-Honda service manual (for more specific info about code)

Basically, with car off and keys out, stick wire/paper clip into pins 4 and 9. Be careful to get those pins correct to avoid blowing a fuse, as you may be looking at them from upside down.

View attachment 138571

View attachment 138572

Then, found this, which should also help.

View attachment 138569

View attachment 138570

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, guys thank you so much. Your replies got me thinking and I started checking the fuses again. Sure enough, I found a blown fuse. It was the 15 amp fuse located under the hood on the passenger side. The fuse that was blown was for the key chip recognition. I changed the fuse and the car started right back up. Thank you all for taking the time to respond.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts