Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday after my wife filled up her Pilot with fuel it wouldn't start. She said it would start cranking and almost turn over but wouldn't. She tried a bunch more times and after 5-10 minutes it finally fired up.

We drove it multiple times this weekend since then and it didn't happen again, until this morning, she went to fuel up and it happened to her again.

Any ideas what this could be? Maybe a fuel pump malfunction? No engine codes or lights popping up. Been doing a lot of reading on this and am seeing quite a few possibilities, hoping someone might be able to help me diagnose and narrow things down/eliminate on this list:

1. Fuel Pump
2. Battery needs replacing
3. Spark plugs (which were all just replaced a couple weeks ago)
4. Timing on Timing Belt is off slightly
5. Valves needs adjusting

Once engine turns over and she starts driving it runs fine with no noticeable effects. When she got home, she turned it off, then started it up again and it started right up normally.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Did the problem occur before the spark plugs were replaced?
If you can repeat the condition try turning the key to the click before the engine cranks, wait a few seconds, then back to the off position. Repeat a few times then crank the engine. Report if the engine fires up first time after that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the problem occur before the spark plugs were replaced?
If you can repeat the condition try turning the key to the click before the engine cranks, wait a few seconds, then back to the off position. Repeat a few times then crank the engine. Report if the engine fires up first time after that.
This had never happened before the spark plugs were replaced. I'll try what you lined out next time it happens and will let you know the result. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts