Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out my 2019 Pilot Elite does not come with a printed Owners or Navigation manual. You can call Honda and they will send you one if you call with-in the 1st 6 mo. I know everything is digital now but I am old school and would like to look in the book for info. sometimes. You get a owners guide but no owners manual or Nav. manual. For close to $50,000 it looks like it would come with the Owners and Nav. Manual.

·
Registered
2018 Pilot EX AWD
172 Posts
Go to the Honda Owners website and order one. I just did that with my new Pilot. You can get one for free if you order it within the first 6 months of ownership.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did that and they are sending the manuals. It just looks like Honda would include the manuals with the vehicle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
They're probably just recognizing that these things have gotten too big for most people to read cover-to-cover. Back in the '60s and '70s, you could sit down and flip through it in 30 minutes, but not anymore.

Still, I was surprised when the envelope of manuals didn't include the most important one. I was glad I knew ahead of time that I could go online and ask for one, because I definitely would have been questioning it otherwise.

Now, if only we could order a printed shop manual...

·
Administrator
15,510 Posts
Yup that's the wY it's been for a few years now.
Heads up,, the manual is several hundreds of pages, and is frequently updated online.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, i think they got away from printed manuals because with the ability to update software in the vehicle, they need to be able to update the manuals too. They can keep the manual updated online and correct any mistakes, something they were not as easily able to do with a physical printed manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts