Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

No Personal Questions... Please!

3480 Views 18 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  kemosabe
Not sure why I'm putting this thread in the DC/Metro area forum, but here goes anyway...

The purpose of this thread is for me to cut/paste this URL into Private Messages and E-mails. Over the past couple of months, I have been getting LOTS of PMs and e-mails asking for my opinion(s) about bug deflectors, pricing, tires, scrunches, 2004 changes, my maternal lineage, and anything & everything else that you can think of. :1zhelp:

While I enjoy helping people out, I just don't have the time anymore to answer all of the personal requests that I receive on an (almost) daily basis -- it's too time-consuming to spend close to a ½ hour or more researching the answer and typing up a response...

...so, if you've been unlucky enuff to have been re-directed to this thread by kemosabe, now you know why. Sorry I have to resort to this tactic, but I just don't have the time to search out answers for everyone!!! Please post your questions in one of the forums here on honda-pilot.org or seek out help from this thread: New members: ask here instead of starting new thread...

Okay, climbing down from :soapbox:
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
7,945 Posts
kemo---> :cursin: :runaway: <--honda-pilot.org members

· Registered
210 Posts
your reputation, that's why

Now we all already know you're very helpful, and resourceful. On top of that, with all your postings, pics, scanning stuff, etc ... some of us probably figure you've got so much time on your hands ... :D

I think we should just put you on the payroll ... ;) oops ... there's no budget for that ... :D

· Registered
2,574 Posts
Re: your reputation, that's why

bkwon said:
Now we all already know you're very helpful, and resourceful. On top of that, with all your postings, pics, scanning stuff, etc ... some of us probably figure you've got so much time on your hands ... :D

I think we should just put you on the payroll ... ;) oops ... there's no budget for that ... :D
Maybe we can work out some org stickers or merchandise for compensation. ;)

But it sounds like kemosabe needs our help with some of these new questions. Let's not let him donw.

· Registered
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: your reputation, that's why

tim.s said:
Maybe we can work out some org stickers or merchandise for compensation. ;)

But it sounds like kemosabe needs our help with some of these new questions. Let's not let him donw.
Mainly, it's been newbies (I think, judging by their "join" date and the fact that they have "0" posts :p ). I think it's a combination of them being afraid to post their questions on a public forum for fear of being flamed, and add to that, the fact that I have a lot of posts (and Mod status) so they think I know everything :eek: about anything that goes on here on honda-pilot.org... :8:

· Registered
805 Posts
Maybe you should get some choice words together and convince these people to join the nice community of honda-pilot.org. You could be our best advocate for promoting our opinions and vast experiences here. Heck, we know more collectively than any dealer or service department hacks! (while Phil Nevin hits a grand slam...)
We'll do our best to help you out here Kemo. Send 'em our way!

· Registered
2,484 Posts
Ferdball said:
Heck, we know more collectively than any dealer or service department hacks! (while Phil Nevin hits a grand slam...)
I certainly experienced that. For the most part (there were a couple of exceptions) I feel that my fleet sales guy was about as straight up as one could possibly expect. He taught me a bunch of things about the workings of the pilot and pointed out some features I wasn't aware of. However, when it came to problems and such he was clueless compared to me.

One example.... I mentioned the scrunch thing. He said well you're always going to find some guys on the Internet that will complain about little things that no one else would even notice. I, of course, mentioned that Honda had acknowledged the problem and was trying to fix it. He say "Oh!" in a genuinely surprised voice.

· Registered
2,168 Posts
Re: Re: Re: your reputation, that's why

kemosabe said:

Mainly, it's been newbies (I think, judging by their "join" date and the fact that they have "0" posts :p ). I think it's a combination of them being afraid to post their questions on a public forum for fear of being flamed...<snip>
Hopefully, these folks haven't seen any indications in visiting our site that they may be flamed or ridiculed for asking honest questions. IMHO, we should try to be welcoming to new members and encourage their participation (then, they probably wouldn't be as likely to seek out Kemo or others they see as "safe" places to direct their questions). I do think that the great majority of the time, our "family" here goes out of its way to welcome newbies and to be helpful. And of course, some folks are just gonna be shy about public forums, no matter what.

· Registered
493 Posts
No personal questions?

Dang, kemo, I was going to ask you about a problem that I am having with my in-laws :D

Seriously, noone has flamed me yet... and I'm way short on the question-to-answer ratio.

· Registered
449 Posts
OMG! I feel your pain, Kemo. Thanks for taking one for the team! Keep up the good work.:1:

· Registered
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can anyone help out mrque with his/her question??? :confused:

Received this as an e-mail yesterday:
This is a message from mrque at HONDA PILOT .ORG ( http://www.piloteers.org/forums/index.php ). The HONDA PILOT .ORG owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email mrque, you can use this online form:

http://www.piloteers.org/forums/member.php?action=mailform&userid=7790

OR, by email:

mailto:[email protected]

This is the message:

Is the Pilot on the web site with the Sunroof specially made or is it a option??

· Registered
2,355 Posts
Kemo,

I suggest you make this post a sticky.

Sent you out one of my "custom accessories". I, for one, really appreciate your post and pics and just want to say thanks. You should get it before the luncheon, I hope!

· Registered
2,168 Posts
Twinkie said:
OMG! I feel your pain, Kemo. Thanks for taking one for the team! Keep up the good work.:1:
PMs--and now (at least one) e-mail. Sometimes you just can't get a simple message across.

Kemo, thanks for being a good guy (after all, you ARE the Lone Ranger)! :claphead:

· Registered
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Twinkie said:
Twinkie: If I keep taking too many for the team, will former President Clinton feel my pain, also??? :confused:

wwong said:
Kemo,

Sent you out one of my "custom accessories". I, for one, really appreciate your post and pics and just want to say thanks. You should get it before the luncheon, I hope!
wwong: Whoa!!! FREE custom accessories from MacGyver??? Wow, I am deeply touched -- thanks much, I really appreciate the generosity!!!! :29:

Ziploc said:
PMs--and now (at least one) e-mail. Sometimes you just can't get a simple message across.

Kemo, thanks for being a good guy (after all, you ARE the Lone Ranger)! :claphead:
Ziploc: I should be working as a mortgage broker -- then I could be known as the Loan Arranger... :p

TheWorm said:
Just had to check in to say that the title of this thread always cracks me up.

So, how big is it? :D
TheWorm: John Holmes is tiny in comparison... :eek:

· Registered
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wwong said:
Kemo,

wwong: Just wanted to let you know that I received it today -- THANKS for the freebie!!! :18:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.