Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Pilot EX-L WITHOUT navigation. I was poking around in the diagnostic screens and discovered that it does have a GPS built in (I'm guessing as part of Honda's Big Brother tracking analytics). I'm able to see how many satellites it's picking up etc.

I'm telling you guys this because I thought you might like to know and because I thought you could help me add navigation.

I've been trying to get HeadUnit Reloaded working, but no success so far. I've looked at buying a HDS/HIM programmer, but I'm not sure the $100 version will do me any good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, it bothers me that Honda is getting analytics on my driving that include GPS and they won't compensate me with a navigation program. The supposed reason for the GPS is probably to be able to alert first responders in the event of a crash, but that's not going to get me the feature I want. Does anyone use HDS/HIM and can anyone tell me if they have a solution that works to modify the computer?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm pretty sure the GPS unit is in there to support Android Auto. When you connect your phone it uses the car's GPS unit and not the one in the phone because the car's is more accurate and reliable.

If you have a 2019 EX or above, it supports Android Auto. Just plug in your phone to get free Nav (plus a ton of other awesome and useful features) on the main head unit's screen, you don't need to worry about hacks.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts