·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
5,092 Posts
It looks interesting, but as you mentioned, it is expensive. I am curious, do you know how much the filter replacements cost? I did not see them when I looked at the link.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks interesting, but as you mentioned, it is expensive. I am curious, do you know how much the filter replacements cost? I did not see them when I looked at the link.
I think it was $42 for a two pack. I haven't used anything close to 400 gallons. I have only use on rinse, maybe 2-3 gallons every time I use it. I know I did not buy the filters on Amazon

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
5,092 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I stepped up my game a few months ago and bought this... Amazon.com: CR Spotless - Simplest RV & Car Wash System, Spotless Rinse Works for All Vehicles, Motorcycles, Bikes, Boats, Planes, Yachts, Deionized Water System - Towel Drying Eliminated (Simple Chuck): Automotive

I had a simple set up prior to this but wanted something that worked well and was portable. Its pricy but does a hell of a job
Interesting, thanks for posting. Our house came with a water softener. I routed a pvc line through the garage wall to an outside faucet I use to wash the vehicles with. No more water spots. It doesn't use filters, but I have to load inexpensive 50 pound salt blocks in the salt bin a few times a year. I bought a Spectrapure reverse osmosis de-ionizer for the aquarium but the filters and membrane are too pricey to use it for car washing.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
652 Posts
I was looking at this system, but it looks like there was a big increase in filter prices in the past year -- if you're finding them for $42, I'd buy all of them that you can.
As of January 3rd 2021 there is a 1 missing before the 4 on that price so over a 300% price increase 😲

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.